Bosnia to donate 500 tonnes of ammunitions surplus to Iraq to help in fight against ISIS | World Defense

Bosnia to donate 500 tonnes of ammunitions surplus to Iraq to help in fight against ISIS

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Bosnia to donate 500 tonnes of ammunitions surplus to Iraq to help in fight against ISIS

Bosnia plans to donate 500 tonnes of ammunition to Iraq as aid to fight the Islamic State group, a defense ministry official said Tuesday. "By doing so our country will contribute to the fight against terrorist organisation Islamic State (IS)," the ministry official told AFP. Bosnia's tripartite presidency agreed the donation on a US request that Bosnia "joins the coalition against the Islamic State group," the source added.

Bosnia_donate_500_tons_of_ammunitions_to_iraq_640_001.jpg
The donation is part of some 16,000 tonnes of arms and ammunition left over from the 1992-1995 inter-ethnic war in Bosnia that the authorities plan to either destroy or donate to other countries by 2020.
In 2011, Bosnia, a former Yugoslav republic with a significant Muslim community, also handed some 60 120-mm cannons to Afghanistan.

The country however is not exporting arms to Ukraine despite some requests, in fear of reprisals from Russia, notably affecting gas deliveries.

Bosnia to donate 500 tonnes of ammunitions surplus to Iraq to help in fight against IS | March 2015 Global Defense Security news UK | Defense Security global news industry army 2015

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
I like this gesture by Bosnia. I feel that when the world finally unites against ISIS - and I hope this day comes very soon - there will be a lot of nations that will come together to fight against them. They will not be able to withstand the armed forces and ammunition of so many countries all at once.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
What if the ammo ends up the hands of ISIS? Most of the equipment ISIS currently has previously belonged to the Iraqi army. We can make the assumption therefore that any weapons or ammunition given to the Iraqi army just might end up in the enemy's hands. Nonetheless as long as it shows the world is united against ISIS, that's great. I wish they'd do more though.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
What if the ammo ends up the hands of ISIS? Most of the equipment ISIS currently has previously belonged to the Iraqi army. We can make the assumption therefore that any weapons or ammunition given to the Iraqi army just might end up in the enemy's hands. Nonetheless as long as it shows the world is united against ISIS, that's great. I wish they'd do more though.

I understand where you are coming from but there are only two options. Help them out, or do nothing. I don't think you can do nothing personally. ISIS is too big of a threat to the people here, yet alone living there to do nothing. I hope the Iraq army will not let it fall into the hands of ISIS, but all we can do is hope for that.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I understand where you are coming from but there are only two options. Help them out, or do nothing. I don't think you can do nothing personally. ISIS is too big of a threat to the people here, yet alone living there to do nothing. I hope the Iraq army will not let it fall into the hands of ISIS, but all we can do is hope for that.
I'm just saying that it would have been much better if all those who are helping actually did send out "seasoned" soldiers to help the rebels and everyone else who is fighting ISIS. The terrorists wouldn't stand a chance then. But because the U.S said they wouldn't send ground troops, no one else will.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Some how I got the feeling that these ammunition may end up on the hands of the ISIS terrorists. Iraq's government don't seem to be able to secure important areas or landmarks in the country and so if the ISIS terrorists want to make a grab for this shipment then they will succeed.