Brazilian Army Expected To Order Additional 6x6 Vehicles

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
p1484798.jpg

Janes.com said:
The service is currently considering buying about 1,700 serial production vehicles through a contract with the Logistics Command or another 60 vehicles for doctrinal experimentation through the Department of Science and Technology.

The manufacturer is to complete the production of 60 experimentation vehicles ordered in December 2014 by the end of May, leaving its plant at Sete Lagoas, State of Minas Gerais, without work unless a new production contract is signed.

Which deal do you think is better? I think they should go for the 1,700... but what do I know? LOL Seems to me they would be better off.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon they should get the 60 vechicles first and test them out, so they can see if they are performing well and doing what is needed for the brazilian army and see if any defects are found. If they buy the 1.700 and, defects are found would have to spend money sending them back for repairs and get checks done on them which would halt the army in travelling. I wander what the costs would be and, hope the contract is signed and this get's sorted out so the army can continue with their work.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
p1484798.jpg

Which deal do you think is better? I think they should go for the 1,700... but what do I know? LOL Seems to me they would be better off.
Brazil Forces are in miserable situation they lack fighter jets the size of there country and they need at least 300 4.5 Generation Fighter Jets and a much larger Navy and also Army

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I reckon they should get the 60 vechicles first and test them out, so they can see if they are performing well and doing what is needed for the brazilian army and see if any defects are found. If they buy the 1.700 and, defects are found would have to spend money sending them back for repairs and get checks done on them which would halt the army in travelling. I wander what the costs would be and, hope the contract is signed and this get's sorted out so the army can continue with their work.

I think they know that they work because it states "or another 60". Or maybe they should start with 60 of the other and if they like it, buy the rest of the 1,700....

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Whichever way they do it, I'd have to question the reason for doing it in the first place.

What does the Brazilian military need these vehicles for anyway? Is there not other areas of their armed forces that need improving first?

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Whichever way they do it, I'd have to question the reason for doing it in the first place.

What does the Brazilian military need these vehicles for anyway? Is there not other areas of their armed forces that need improving first?
South-America is not what it used to be,Brasil doesnt need to upgrade its Armed Forces but maybe to be called a world power me thinks they want to do something about it.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's why I made the comment. I done see Brazil getting into any conflict with anybody, not in the near future anyway so was just wondering why they would need these?

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
That's why I made the comment. I done see Brazil getting into any conflict with anybody, not in the near future anyway so was just wondering why they would need these?

Brazilian army,navy,air force are decaying,that's why they are modernising their capacities.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While I appreciate that any country needs to have some sort of military, I was just questioning if this was the right way to go about upgrading it.

Is the Brazilian military that bad and that much outdated at the moment?