Breaking: Lebanese PM Saad Hariri resigns amid anti-gov't protests | World Defense

Breaking: Lebanese PM Saad Hariri resigns amid anti-gov't protests

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Hariri resigns amid anti-govt protests

Prime Minister Saad Hariri announced his resignation Tuesday, on the 13th day of anti-government protests.Hariri addressed the nation from his Downtown residence.

That isn't good for Lebanon if they can't figure out what comes next.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
When your enemies are destroying themselves you should not interfere.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
When your enemies are destroying themselves you should not interfere.

Well from Saudi perspective I don't think they'd like Hariri to resign. Hezbollah probably doesn't want this to happen. We will see how the situation develops though. It's a little early to know.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well from Saudi perspective I don't think they'd like Hariri to resign. Hezbollah probably doesn't want this to happen. We will see how the situation develops though. It's a little early to know.

I don't think his decision was a unilateral one. He for sure must have consulted Saudi Arabia.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Hezbollah attempts shooting down an Israeli drone of this kind in Lebanese airspace:

searcher2.jpg

IDF says the missile failed to hit its target. Lebanese report explosion heard in Lebanese town. Likely the AA missile prematurely exploding in the air.

Timing likely related to protests.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Saudis don't like to see destabilization any where in the region, least they like to see them selves as part of it.