Breaking : Putin orders start of Russian forces' withdrawal from Syria | Page 2 | World Defense

Breaking : Putin orders start of Russian forces' withdrawal from Syria

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@Gabriel92 @Bundeswehr

I genuinely believe that this truce will last at least another six months, if not a total year. Obama want's to end with a good legacy, achieving peace in the I/P arena is out of question now. But, he believes he can make an achievement in Syria. Or at least make the job easier for the next President. Russia is scaling down, because it did achieve objectives it wanted, but also realizes the US will also scale back and not make significant policy change in remainder of Obama's term.

Syrian opposition and US allies in the region realize as well, that they have two choices for the remainder of the year. One is to keep peaceful situation until at least the summer, and try gaining in offensives during summer season in order to have a better position by the time US candidate is sworn in. Or take no chances and accept status quo. If Trump becomes US president, that will put them in bad position. He will not support the Syrian opposition. So they have to gamble, make a move now or keep status quo in anticipation that Clinton will win elections, whom will be friendly to the opposition.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
The FSA does not care about the so called "Agreement" it was just for the US-Russia to focus on fighting ISIS more then the FSA which Russia airstrikes were 50-60% focusing on the FSA while only 30-40% were actually focusing on ISIS. recently the FSA shot down a SyAAF MIG-21. if Peace wants to be stable in the region all them groups should be eliminated. The way i see it is if Assad is removed, Syria will become another Libya or Iraq or even both

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Exactly, and the moment it becomes unstable, the whole region will descend into anarchy. Instability has always benefitted neighbors and in this case, Turkey seems to have a lot of interest in keeping the region unstable.