British Tornado's scrambled again... | World Defense

British Tornado's scrambled again...

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While it didn't really make headline news (for whatever reason that is) it seems like British tornado's were again scrambled yesterday to warn off another Russian bomber that was flying close to, and into British airspace.

This is becoming a weekly occurrence now and people aren't really paying much attention to it. I don't know if it's because it's hardly being reported (there was like a 1 minute report on the BBC news) or if it's because people still think Russia are just playing games and testing the waters.

What reasons do people think Russia are continuing to play these games? Is there an agenda and if so what do people think it is and more importantly, how's this going to end?

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
There is nothing new about this. These situations happen with Russia all the time, it's not just the UK the same has happened to the Nordic countries and probably quite a few eastern european ones too. I can remeber this happening for years and years, though for understandable reasons lately it might have increased. (or is the media just talking more about them?)

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the way Russia is forcing itself, or trying to force itself on to the world stage again, I tend to think it is being reported more, even if it is just for the odd couple of minutes here and there.

I don't think Britain or any other country (apart from the Ukraine maybe) will be losing much sleep over the game Russia is playing but I do think it's worth keeping an eye on.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts @crimsonghost747 as to what you make of Russia and the recent actions it's been taking with the threats against Norway and the state of the Ukraine conflict at the moment.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
I'd be interested to know your thoughts @crimsonghost747 as to what you make of Russia and the recent actions it's been taking with the threats against Norway and the state of the Ukraine conflict at the moment.

What threats against Norway? Anyway, those threats are just talk, Norway is part of NATO and that pretty much makes them untouchable. Russia was hit pretty hard by the economic sanctions after the Ukraine crisis so while they will no doubt continue to mess around in Ukraine, I doubt they will try the same trick with other eastern european countries.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Recently, the head of the Norwegian intelligence service came out and said that in the short term, Russia don't pose a threat to them but as for the long term, that could change. As it could against any other European country.

At the moment I agree with you (and him) I think Russia is just testing the waters so to speak, even if the intent is there, they don't have the capabilities to follow through with any actions.