Rafale
Rafale-com-2-tanques-2000-l-2-tanques-1250-l-e-casulo-Buddy-Buddy.jpg

Su30 and Mirage 2000
IAF-Buddy-Refuelling-Sukhoi-Su-30MKI-Mirage-2000.jpg

Mig 29's
Mig29.jpg

V22 & F35
ishvbxi9enjwbuhcqre7.jpg

Capt. Lowell H. Smith and Lt. John P. Richter receiving the first mid-air refueling on June 27, 1923, from a plane flown by 1st Lt. Virgil Hine and 1st Lt. Frank W. Seifert.
Aircraft: DH-4B
800px-Refueling,_1923.jpg

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan

Interesting ........... if I am not mistaken, that's a Chinese plane refueling an Indian plane?

Edit: And that 1923 image is really something I learnt new today.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Interesting ........... if I am not mistaken, that's a Chinese plane refueling an Indian plane?

Edit: And that 1923 image is really something I learnt new today.
Soviet

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
No issues man!

Buddy to buddy refueling is for peace time missions / exercises only or it has some significance during war time too (as a regular practice)? I mean most of the jets who buddy refueled the other jets were carrying extra fuel tank ......

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Buddy to buddy refueling is for peace time missions / exercises only or it has some significance during war time too (as a regular practice)? I mean most of the jets who buddy refueled the other jets were carrying extra fuel tank ......

The draw back of convetional air tankers, is thier size - it effects their manuvarebality, and agility. Buddy Refullers (BR) do not have this limitation. They do not need to operate well within friendly skies. They are more effective in hostile conditions, than dedicated refullers.

They do need to carry an extra pod, that would weight about 600kg's, but they can still carry extra fuel tanks / EW pods, and A2A missiles.

What you have in the following pic, is an F18 Super hornet, with 4 external tanks, and a centreline refueling pod. This would come in handy, when a friendly a/c would be returning from a sortie, and low on fuel. This mini tanker could fly out, and make sure that the buddy had enough fuel to land safely.

He still has 2 wingtip, and two under wing hard points available for missiles.

imageproxy.php.jpg

4759418362_ff46223ff9_b.jpg

Now look at the configuration of this Rafale. The refuller seems to be carrying Mica A2A.
02_319s.jpg

This kind of capability, helps improve combat radius, and loiter time. It can safely operate in hostile environments, where traditional refullers would have a tough time, or would be costlier to operate.

Attachments

• 754 Buddy Store Datasheet.pdf
    130 KB · Views: 301

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
The draw back of convetional air tankers, is thier size - it effects their manuvarebality, and agility. Buddy Refullers (BR) do not have this limitation. They do not need to operate well within friendly skies. They are more effective in hostile conditions, than dedicated refullers.

They do need to carry an extra pod, that would weight about 600kg's, but they can still carry extra fuel tanks / EW pods, and A2A missiles.

What you have in the following pic, is an F18 Super hornet, with 4 external tanks, and a centreline refueling pod. This would come in handy, when a friendly a/c would be returning from a sortie, and low on fuel. This mini tanker could fly out, and make sure that the buddy had enough fuel to land safely.

He still has 2 wingtip, and two under wing hard points available for missiles.

View attachment 4544

View attachment 4546

Now look at the configuration of this Rafale. The refuller seems to be carrying Mica A2A.
View attachment 4545

This kind of capability, helps improve combat radius, and loiter time. It can safely operate in hostile environments, where traditional refullers would have a tough time, or would be costlier to operate.

Thanks that was informative.