C-130 Crashes in Afghanistan; 6 U.S. Service Members, 7 Others Die | World Defense

C-130 Crashes in Afghanistan; 6 U.S. Service Members, 7 Others Die

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Indeed it was shot down by Taliban (as they claimed yesterday).

Taliban Says It Shot Down Crashed US C-130 In Afghanistan

I haven't heard a follow up yet from the U.S. government or any other credible source. Many terrorist groups will take credit for things they haven't done, simply to boost their morale and reputation, so it's difficult to know whether this is the truth. Since I heard the person interviewed (who was there on the ground) mention a huge bang before the crash, it stands to reason that it could have been caused by a rocket or bomb, so it may indeed have been the Taliban. If so, I hope retaliation is swift.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I also suspect a shootdown. Afghanistan is full of rebels according to one article that I had read and it seems that American soldiers are scared to roam the place. So with the plane crash maybe it was shot down by a missile. The Afghan rebels possess modern and powerful weaponry. But if it is an honest to goodness crash, I'm sure the rebels will remain to be a suspect.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I also suspect a shootdown. Afghanistan is full of rebels according to one article that I had read and it seems that American soldiers are scared to roam the place. So with the plane crash maybe it was shot down by a missile. The Afghan rebels possess modern and powerful weaponry. But if it is an honest to goodness crash, I'm sure the rebels will remain to be a suspect.

There still isn't much information. supposedly it's still under investigation, although they're 'almost certain' there was no enemy involvement. Also, the reports I've seen state that there were 11 killed, which were 6 military and 5 civilians on the plane, but that there were also fatalities on the ground, so obviously those numbers don't add up.