Call for Action Over UAE-Occupied Islands :D

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Call for Action Over UAE-Occupied Islands

Two lawmakers urged the Foreign Ministry to take action against the UAE to end the “occupation of two Iranian islands”, over which Iran lost control during the Qajar Dynasty (1789–1925).

The two islands are named Aryana (or Sir Abu Neir) and Zarkooh (or Zirco).

“Unfortunately, Iran had no control over these islands in recent decades, but all historic documents prove they were part of Iran in the past,” Mojtaba Zolnour also told ICANA on Monday.

The lawmaker said Iran’s restraint and patience over “unfounded UAE claims” on the three islands of Abu Musa, Greater Tunb and Lesser Tunb has emboldened Iran’s Arab neighbor to “raise its voice”.

“Definitely, Iran should stand up to the UAE aggression against Iranian islands,” he said.

The three Persian Gulf islands have always been part of Iran historically, the proof of which can be found in and corroborated by countless historical, legal and geographical documents.

The islands were occupied by British forces in 1921, but they withdrew in 1971 and the islands were returned to Iran’s sovereignty, days before the end of the British protectorate and formation of the UAE.

The settlement came after three years of talks between Tehran and London, which announced in 1968 that it was leaving the Persian Gulf.

Under an agreement between Iran and Britain, Iran’s Pahlavid king in 1969 dropped Iran’s claims on Bahrain, another island that has been historically part of Iran.

However, the UAE has repeatedly made baseless claims over the islands since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran. In 1980, the UAE submitted its claim to the United Nations.

In the 1990s, the UAE asked Iran to agree to taking the dispute to the International Court of Justice in The Hague.

Iran has responded by stating that its sovereignty over the islands is not negotiable, although it has called for bilateral talks with the UAE to clear up any misunderstandings.

Seyyed Hossein Naqavi Hosseini, another lawmaker, told ICANA on Sunday that the UAE move in occupying Iranian islands is totally against international law.

“The Foreign Ministry should react to the occupation of Iranian soil and prosecute perpetrators,” he said.

“We can go to the international court in The Hague to defend our sovereignty over Aryana and Zarkooh.”
:D

https://financialtribune.com/articles/national/60543/call-for-action-over-uae-occupied-islands

Artesh

Reactions
100 5 0
Country
Iran
Sorry my Bro,

if i remember correctly,

Qatar, Bahrain and UAE, were PROVINCES of IRAN...

even your Country, KSA, Doet not Exist Before Fall of Ottomans !!!

Persian Gulf and It`s Islands (32 Islands, in Total) are for Iran,

If they do Something Wrong ...

We Will Ocuppy Their tiny Land !!!

Not by the Terms of Military (War),

But Extermly Ultra-Nationalist Ways ...

Check FB, and see how much are Iranians Agressive by this Case !!!

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Sorry my Bro,

if i remember correctly,

When issue like this arises the best way to deal with it is to take it to the international court of justice.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry my Bro,

if i remember correctly,

We can also claim the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman too. The first Saudi state was established 300 years ago under the same leadership. Way before the existence of modern day Iran :D

Iran was a British colony prior the 1971 at that time and when it got independence it occupied those Islands by military force. Iran also was part of the Rashidun Caliphate, umayyad dynasty and abbasid. Can we claim Iran now? simply not. Since there is a dispute going on, Iran and UAE can solve it through either direct negotiation or through the international court. If Iran is confident about its ownership over these three islands then it should not be a problem going to the International court to settle the issue once and for all.

1920px-First_Saudi_State_Big.png

Artesh

Reactions
100 5 0
Country
Iran
1- We can also claim the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman too.
2- The first Saudi state was established 300 years ago under the same leadership.
3- Way before the existence of modern day Iran :D

4- Iran was a British colony prior the 1971 at that time and when it got independence it occupied those Islands by military force.
5- Iran also was part of the Rashidun Caliphate, umayyad dynasty and abbasid. Can we claim Iran now? simply not.
6- Since there is a dispute going on, Iran and UAE can solve it through either direct negotiation or through the international court.
7- If Iran is confident about its ownership over these three islands then it should not be a problem going to the International court to settle the issue once and for all.

1920px-First_Saudi_State_Big.png

1- می فروشم، می خری ؟ ¢-∞

2- Who is this "Same Leadership" ?

3- You mean, Iran didnt Exist Before ?

4- I know My Friend ... But Q IS: Realy do they bolng to Iran/KSA/ or any other Country ?

I Dont know (and i dont care ...) !!! Do You Know ?

most of them small and even, Tiny ...

Comparing Elephant and Ant, its funny ... (i mean by size)

they can belonged to any country, What is diffrence ?

do they want to make new "Island Countries" ?

like Isle. of Man or Solomon Islands ???

5- And Your Land was a part of Iran, before Islam ...

Can we claim KSA/TR/GRC/RO/ARM/and other ones, now? NO

6- Yes, they can ... But "Hidden Hands" dont want ...

7- اگر رو کاشتن، چغندر در اومد ...

Artesh

Reactions
100 5 0
Country
Iran
When issue like this arises the best way to deal with it is to take it to the international court of justice.
Sorry, Dear Webby,

Is the international court of justice responsible for Ultra-Nationalists and thier deeds ?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Sorry, Dear Webby,

Is the international court of justice responsible for Ultra-Nationalists and thier deeds ?

The International Court of Justice aka ICJ has a special department that looks into unsettled legal issue e.g. territorial disputes. It could be a good idea that brings such cases to a satisfactory end for both parties.