Call for international Haj ‘oversight’ blasted

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Call for international Haj ‘oversight’ blasted
Bahrain, UAE ministers and Saudi analysts say demands prove Qatar’s failure, bad intentions

Dubai: Two ministers, in UAE and Bahrain, have blasted demands for ‘international oversight’ of the holy sites in Makkah and Madinah, and international management of the Haj.

“The call by confused [people] to internationalise the two Holy Mosques will fail, as it has failed before,” UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash tweeted, in an apparent reference to Qatar and its leader.

“We are accustomed to his falls and failures, and we are aware of his conspiracies and [his] ways [of seeking] to cause harm. He will remain isolated and his actions will not bring him safety,” Gargash informed his more than 653,000 followers.

In Manama, Bahraini Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid Bin Ahmad Al Khalifa said demands to internationalise the management of the Holy Mosques were prompted by bitter failures.

“Whenever one of your plans falls through, and whenever one of your conspiracies fails, you resume with your tale of internationalising the [management] of the two Holy Mosques. You had better shut up because the world is laughing at you,” Shaikh Khalid posted on his Twitter account, where he has more than 472,000 followers.

“In fact, your claims about the internationalisation of the two Holy Mosques do not open the door for discussion, but rather reveal the bad intentions, the political bankruptcy, and the moral failure that you are living day after day.”

Shaikh Khalid added all religious sites throughout the world were under sovereign states.

“There is not a single religious centre that people visit for worshipping purposes that is not managed by a sovereign state. This is true of every religious site, whether it belongs to a divine religion or any other religion. In the case of Saudi Arabia, we have the best example of honesty, commitment, care and protection,” Shaikh Khalid posted.

Neither minister mentioned who was behind calls for the internationalisation of Islam’s holy sites in Saudi Arabia.

For Saudis, there is no doubt that Qatar was behind the call for “international oversight” over the holy sites in Saudi Arabia.

In the Saudi capital Riyadh, Saud Al Qah’tani, a media adviser at the royal court, accused Qatar of launching the campaign to internationalise the Islamic holy sites, saying that “the brigades of [former Knesset member and adviser to Qatar] Azmi Bishara and Qatar’s shadow media were strongly promoting the so-called internationalisation of the two holy mosques. They are not ready to face [people] and they live only off conspiracies, lies and degeneration. They create fictitious organisations in far-away countries and set up shadow media and then have them call for the internationalisation of the two holy mosques so that they can deceive people into believing they have nothing to do with it. They had been warned clearly by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al Jubeir that this amounted to a declaration of war. Do not test the patience of adults,” he posted.

Al Qah’tani was referring to the so-called ‘Global Campaign to End Saudi Politicisation of Holy Places’ that held a demonstration after the Friday prayers near the Saudi embassy in the Indian capital New Delhi.

Saudi analyst and columnist Abdul Rahman Al Rashid said Qatar was making statements to manipulate situations in order to involve other countries in the crisis, and influence world opinion. Qatar is behaving like a child seeking attention from others, he said. “We no longer hear a lot about the dispute with Qatar, save from one side and that is the statements, interviews and announcements by Qatari officials,” Al Rashid said in a column for Al Sharq Al Awsat daily on Tuesday. “Its opponents are focusing on other issues, such as Iran, Yemen and their regional and international relations. This has upset Doha, which wants to bring international focus to its dispute with Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain.”

In order to draw the attention of the international media, Doha has repeated its claim that there were plans to invade Qatar, topple its Emir and replace him with a new one, he added.

“Whenever a Qatari delegation visits a country, it thanks leaders of the host nation for their support in saving Qatar from being invaded. The claims are well-received in some countries. Thus, Iran, in an official statement, claimed it prevented an imminent invasion of Qatar! The Qataris went on to tell the same story in Turkey, and the Turks declared that they were the ones who prevented the invasion of Doha. In Washington, the Qatari defence minister said the US had prevented Saudi-UAE forces from entering his country. It is clear that the Qataris narrate the same story with some variations ... and give each government a ‘heroic’ role. There was no intention and or attempt to invade Qatar.”

Five indicators

Observers have cited five indicators of the links between Qatar and the so-called Global Campaign to End Saudi Politicisation of Holy Places, which held a demonstration against the ‘politicisation’ of Haj in New Delhi last Friday:

1. The first announcement about this organisation was made by Qatari media.

2. The first reports published by the organisation were exactly the same as the claims published in Qatari media.

3. The organisation refers to the boycott of Qatar as “blockade”, the same expression used in Doha.

4. It has not named any of its members in order to conceal its links with Qatar.

5. None of the reports or statements issued by the so-called organisation was mentioned in non-Qatari media.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Those who don't understand the Saudi people position in regard to those kind of campings should get that through their heads; Saudi Arabia and its people won't hesitate twice to take an offensive action against anyone that get closer to the holy sites a muslim or not. Calling for internationalization of the holy sites is a serious issue that will back fire at those who bring up. Qatar should think twice before starting to adapt Iran's position in this matter.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Observers have cited five indicators of the links between Qatar and the so-called Global Campaign to End Saudi Politicisation of Holy Places, which held a demonstration against the ‘politicisation’ of Haj in New Delhi last Friday:

New Delhi?

Never mind I get it now

"Addressing the gathering was the founder president of the organization Mufti Ashfaq Hussain Qadri who stressed that not only Hajj, but the holy sites of Mecca and Medina were being used by the government of Saudi Arabia for its political advantages."

Source

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
New Delhi?

Never mind I get it now

"Addressing the gathering was the founder president of the organization Mufti Ashfaq Hussain Qadri who stressed that not only Hajj, but the holy sites of Mecca and Medina were being used by the government of Saudi Arabia for its political advantages."

Source

I would like to hear form Qadri when was the holy sites used for political advantages? Just one example.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
I would like to hear form Qadri when was the holy sites used for political advantages? Just one example.

I don't know how they came up with their conclusion .......... but what I have heard is ..... that these Qadris from Pakistan (the green turban guys) do encourage separate Salaat congregations of their own at holy mosques in Makkah and Medina ........ I think they are banned now so may be that's why they are reacting like this ..........

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't know how they came up with their conclusion .......... but what I have heard is ..... that these Qadris from Pakistan (the green turban guys) do encourage separate Salaat congregations of their own at holy mosques in Makkah and Medina ........ I think they are banned now so may be that's why they aBure reacting like this ..........
Yes but this protest did not happen in Pakistan

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes but this protest did not happen in Pakistan

It doesn't matter India or Pakistan ........ the belief is the same. For them it may have been more easier to demonstrate in India, doing such demonstrations in Pakistan won't be easy for them.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
It doesn't matter India or Pakistan ........ the belief is the same. For them it may have been more easier to demonstrate in India, doing such demonstrations in Pakistan won't be easy for them.
Exactly.Actually this type of things comes to surface because of politics or commercialization to generate money from Hajj or Umrah..Sectarian angle is always there no doubt

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Exclusive: Pakistan’s Defense Minister slams ‘internationalization’ of Hajj debate, reiterates Islamabad commitment to Riyadh

1096106-935437222.jpg

Pakistan’s Defense Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan speaks at the launch ceremony of the Arab News Pakistan edition at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad on Thursday. (AN photo)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Minister of Defense Khurram Dastgir Khan has slammed media reports calling for the “internationalization” of the Muslim holy pilgrimage (the Hajj).
Speaking exclusively to Arab News, Dastgir said: “We are determined not to be misled or waylaid by such stratagems. The custody of the Two Holy Mosques is a sacred trust that has been held by the Kingdom and we expect and hope that it shall continue to be,” he said.
Dastgir’s comments came on the sidelines of a keynote speech that he gave at the inauguration of the Pakistan edition of Arab News at the Islamabad Marriott on Thursday evening.
He said the relationship between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan has “turned a new page,” going beyond the “traditional friendship” both nations have enjoyed over several decades.
The Pakistani defense minister said the relationship had been “stuck in the eighties” but is now transforming “into a more serious and determined partnership not only (in the field of) defense but also in the realm of economics and trade” to enhance and expand bilateral ties.
“Pakistan intends to be an important part of the Vision 2030 of his Highness, the Crown Prince (which) he has (envisaged for) Saudi Arabia,” Dastgir said.
Part of the defense cooperation plan Pakistan wishes to have is to manufacture “some measure of defense equipment” in the Kingdom. He said it was imperative for Islamic countries to take concrete steps toward “self-reliance” for their own “security and defense.”
“Talks are proceeding very fruitfully and we expect to have very good results,” Dastgir said.
He added that Afaal Al-Sahil, the fourth joint exercise of Pakistan and Saudi Navy operation forces currently underway until Feb. 16, is just one of “many more exercises” to come. Pakistan expects to hold combined training with Saudi security forces alongside its army and air force to enhance operational skills against terrorism and to exchange professional capabilities.
“This cooperation has turned a new page,” said Dastgir, reiterating his country’s support for Saudi Arabia. “Pakistan has always been there for the Kingdom and we shall continue to be there.”
Speaking earlier to an audience of diplomats, foreign dignitaries, academics and journalists who attended the launch of arabnews.pk online edition, the Pakistani defense minister welcomed the arrival of the media outlet to Islamabad.
“I am delighted that the people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, who have been a steadfast partner of Pakistan throughout our existence, in a new and very interesting and exciting way through Arab News have decided to become part of this emerging, remerging, rebirth of the Pakistan story.”
“My congratulations to the Pakistan team, which is launching this new edition. I commend the editors — the rapidly graying editors as they say — of Arab News and its owners for taking this far-sighted decision to become part of the success of the Pakistan story. Congratulations and I wish you success,” he said.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan’s Defense Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan speaks at the launch ceremony of the Arab News Pakistan edition at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad on Thursday. (AN photo)

Part of the defense cooperation plan Pakistan wishes to have is to manufacture “some measure of defense equipment” in the Kingdom. He said it was imperative for Islamic countries to take concrete steps toward “self-reliance” for their own “security and defense.”

@Khafee ??????????????? Am I correct to understand that finally Sheikhs _-+-_ have realised the media power?

And what does it mean by manufacture in the kingdom?

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee ??????????????? Am I correct to understand that finally Sheikhs _-+-_ have realised the media power?

And what does it mean by manufacture in the kingdom?
We should do the same to reach the wider Arab world audience..We have almost no presence in term of media

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
We should do the same to reach the wider Arab world audience..We have almost no presence in term of media

It depends on Saudi government .......... they may not like it.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Why would you say so?

Pakistani media is still immature, they don't seem to have a code of conduct to follow. Many a times they report things that any person with common sense won't consider a news ....... in past they were taught not to give away locations and details in live coverage of ops against terrorists in cities ....... not to show dead bodies live on tv screens ....... and they will do anything stupid for the TRP ratings and to earn money ........... every channel has this favorite phrase "We were the first ones to report on this" .... "We were the first ones to disclose this" ............ and Saudi government somehow seems to remain in control of things.