Cameroon: Army Says Some Captives Seized by Gunmen Have Been Freed | World Defense

Cameroon: Army Says Some Captives Seized by Gunmen Have Been Freed

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Cameroon: Army Says Some Captives Seized by Gunmen Have Been Freed

More than 20 of the approximately 80 people kidnapped in Cameroon during a cross-border attack by gunmen suspected of being members of the group Boko Haram have been freed, a Defense Ministry spokesman said Monday. The kidnappings occurred in the north of Cameroon on Sunday around Mabass. About 24 captives were freed by Cameroonian soldiers, who had pursued the kidnappers, said the ministry’s spokesman, Col. Didier Badjeck. Other reports suggested that the captives escaped or were freed by the gunmen.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/20/w...have-been-freed.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Boko Haram is a jock.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
I wonder why they released the twenty and not all of them. I have not read anywhere if they have released the Nigerian school kids that they kidnapped, I hope that this terrorism will come to an end because living in fear is not the way to live. Who will give a lasting solution to terrorism?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
There may be some reason, maybe some arrangement occured will be interesting to know what is going on and also they will have some weird reasons that we will not understand. The terroists need to be stopped, or they will try this again and again as well and also kidnap people and use them for their own purposes. I reckon that, it would be hard to know why this happened and maybe just to cause fear as well as trying to make others get scared of them.