Camouflage. Is it still needed? | Page 3 | World Defense

Camouflage. Is it still needed?

eveliner

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Your reckoning only applies to "hardcore" actions. There will always needed snipers and underground shooters who need to hide themselves as much as they can from the enemy camp, so I believe that camouflage is still needed. But yeah, on the larger scale... I'm on the same camp as you. I don't believe camouflage plays a very important role nowadays. I mean, humans don't do much of the work anyway... I believe that in the next few decades wars will be conducted solely by robots and drones! Those don't really need camouflage, to be honest.

axiom_low

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Canada
Yes we still need camouflage. In an age of deadly weapons where a single second can make the difference between who lives and who dies the need to shoot first is important now more than ever. Everyone here seems to be thinking of modern war as something taking place behind a screen or from a cockpit. You forget that wars are still mostly fought by troops on the ground, and camouflage is what wins or loses a combat encounter. Just look at the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, camouflage is key.