Can you join military with Social Anxiety? | World Defense

Can you join military with Social Anxiety?

mmass900

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I haven't gotten a disgnose to see if i have social anxiety,but i will in the future and i'm scared that if i actually have social anxiety i won't be able to join the military. Can you join the military if you are off medication ?
If so for how long?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I haven't gotten a disgnose to see if i have social anxiety,but i will in the future and i'm scared that if i actually have social anxiety i won't be able to join the military. Can you join the military if you are off medication ?
If so for how long?

Which mil? German or US?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
If so for how long?
Welcome to the forum, Pls introduce your self here:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
social anxiety? not even sure what that is, but your not supposed to be able to be inducted if you have disorders without a waver. But I can assure you they will try to give you a diagnosis at MEPS

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
social anxiety? not even sure what that is, but your not supposed to be able to be inducted if you have disorders without a waver. But I can assure you they will try to give you a diagnosis at MEPS
Its not a disorder exactly it's just awkwardness when he talks to people.

@mmass900 I would recommend finding an extroverted friend and letting him do his thing. You will get better.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Well I think you still can, social anxiety is different from something like generalized anxiety or depression which could hinder your chances for being admitted to the military. So I will say it depends on you, why do you want to join military in first place and are you comfortable with being with a group in the military? I'm sure they'll be nice to you and help you even with your social anxiety but if you don't like social activities with them then it may not be for you. Some troops may be on a Navy ship living with each other for awhile or in a base or something. You won't be left alone but sometimes kids like to do goofy things for fun so just know that.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
@mmass900 Best solution is go outside and mingle with ppl more you will mingle more you will gain confidence eventually you will overcome this anxiety. It's nothing but a social pressure. Go out with friends and hang out with other ppl talk with them on any issue you feel good within months you will overcome this other way is best Hang out with Girls.
Anxiety is just a overthinking of mind which does not appear in reality about 80% thoughts our brain thinks has nothing to do with reality so teach ur mind everything will be ok and keep mingling you will overcome this.
Another trick is live in the moment pay attention what you doing and keep telling ur brain everything is ok and keep mingling

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
@mmass900 Best solution is go outside and mingle with ppl more you will mingle more you will gain confidence eventually you will overcome this anxiety. It's nothing but a social pressure. Go out with friends and hang out with other ppl talk with them on any issue you feel good within months you will overcome this other way is best Hang out with Girls.
Anxiety is just a overthinking of mind which does not appear in reality about 80% thoughts our brain thinks has nothing to do with reality so teach ur mind everything will be ok and keep mingling you will overcome this.
Another trick is live in the moment pay attention what you doing and keep telling ur brain everything is ok and keep mingling
Its surprising how many people suffer from this in the west. The strange thing is all the Arabs or Pakistanis I met are extremely extroverted and that's when I realized why I'm like that too. Our societies are incredibly extroverted where as the asians and the west are introverted.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Its surprising how many people suffer from this in the west. The strange thing is all the Arabs or Pakistanis I met are extremely extroverted and that's when I realized why I'm like that too. Our societies are incredibly extroverted where as the asians and the west are introverted.
Not forgetting that they are misers too!

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
West issue is most live alone and don't have time to interact with others job home rest and then job again so these are side effects of busy society
You have no idea I mean high class job women I mean professionals and when you met them they are so lonely you won't believe it like a baby same men that's the way society is structured.
Now we have COVID lockdown but liquor stores are open ppl living alone and just keep drinking and eat thats it. I believe end of lockdown we all be overweight lazy and alcoholics idle don't have routine though I don't drink but talking general here.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
West issue is most live alone and don't have time to interact with others job home rest and then job again so these are side effects of busy society
That's why they have so many dogs and cats. They use those for interactions because humans cant live without interacting. So instead of actual humans they depend on animals to satisfy that need.

I feel lacking in interaction here too because a good 85% are introverted and they cant handle my "extrovertedness". Most of my friends are of other nationalities and backgrounds with a few extroverted European friends. Others I cant really get along with cause I find them to be draining and hard to interact with because they lack those social skills.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Not forgetting that they are misers too!
Americans are most open heart ppl in the world regardless the politics they are helping generous accommodative so Canadians are though not all same but Americans are the best in general you can critique on war and theior tilt towards Israel but they are best no doubt about it.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Americans are most open heart ppl in the world regardless the politics they are helping generous accommodative so Canadians are though not all same but Americans are the best in general you can critique on war and theior tilt towards Israel but they are best no doubt about it.
I would argue otherwise after interacting with both groups. I would say Candians are more nicer but more antisocial. Just like the nordic countries.