Canada to Replace the C7 with a Futuristic Weapon? | World Defense

Canada to Replace the C7 with a Futuristic Weapon?

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
Details are emerging on a possible new small arm to be deployed by Canadian forces. It is a hybrid 5.56mm rifle (lower) with a three-shot, large bore component (upper). The upper component is either a 40mm grenade launcher or a 12-gauge shotgun. A picture is below:

Mi9L8o8.jpg

As well as a video:

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That looks impossible to clean! It reads 'NOT MAN FIREABLE' does this mean it cannot be fired by a human or that it currently can not? I think the c7 will continue to be used, it's a classic.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
That looks impossible to clean! It reads 'NOT MAN FIREABLE' does this mean it cannot be fired by a human or that it currently can not? I think the c7 will continue to be used, it's a classic.
C7 is just Canada's M16 clone which I cannot recall what internal differences there were. The gun here in this post has that "NOT MAN FIREABLE" label is got to be that way because it is the prototype on display. I hope to see the finished product.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Looks absolutely disastrous. 5.56mm part would be the main weapon system here, so why do you stick stuff on top of that?! That's just moving the barrel further from the sight, making it more difficult to aim at different ranges.

It's obviously a prototype which explains all the other strange stuff. But yeah, most countries are always developing and trying out new things but that doesn't mean that the old weapon systems are going anywhere for a long time.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
C7 is just Canada's M16 clone which I cannot recall what internal differences there were. The gun here in this post has that "NOT MAN FIREABLE" label is got to be that way because it is the prototype on display. I hope to see the finished product.
Oh, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think the finished product will look significantly different? I can't imagine this prototype being used for anything really.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Oh, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think the finished product will look significantly different? I can't imagine this prototype being used for anything really.
It could be a major possibility that the finished prototype would look different. I think that if we get to see some footage of the changed model it would be more useful.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It could be a major possibility that the finished prototype would look different. I think that if we get to see some footage of the changed model it would be more useful.
I agree. Right now it looks like something out of a HALO game... Honestly I doubt this prototype will be developed much further. They will probably abandon it.