Canadian PM Justin Trudeau blames downing of Ukraine jet on US ‘escalation’ | Page 2 | World Defense

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau blames downing of Ukraine jet on US ‘escalation’

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Sorry mtime7 but your discription of a Dictator "kinda" describes the "person" in the WH right now. Colour him gone in November! Thank the good Lord!!!!!
apparently amongst other problems you have, is reading comprehension, but that is a small one when you are in a boat blaming the deaths of your people on someone that wasn't even on the same continent. Iran shoots down an airliner taking off from their own airport, no attack going on, peaceful as can be, and your first reaction is not to blame the Iranians, but instead let's blame the Americans, who weren't within hundreds of miles of the place.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
apparently amongst other problems you have, is reading comprehension, but that is a small one when you are in a boat blaming the deaths of your people on someone that wasn't even on the same continent. Iran shoots down an airliner taking off from their own airport, no attack going on, peaceful as can be, and your first reaction is not to blame the Iranians, but instead let's blame the Americans, who weren't within hundreds of miles of the place.
Sorry mtime7, I think you may have been confused by my thread on this. IMO Some of the blame should fall on "him" because he was the one who had the "Iranian General" killed which started all this in the first place, so there is at least some blame to go around. How would you think Canada should feel about that? Yes, blame the Iranians as it should be, and they should compensate all the 57 Canadian families, but the US President is at fault here as well. There was no warning to Canada before he struck so that perhaps we could have taken some measures to help prevent these deaths. "Nuff" said.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
That Iranian General, was the leader of a terrorist organization, who was behind the killing of untold Americans, possibly a lot of Canadians, amongst untold numbers of others. It maybe Canadian policy to allow terrorist to run free and do what they will, but it's the not US policy. The US had nothing to do with idiots setting up a surface to air missile battery near their main airport and shooting down a airliner taking off from it, in their traffic pattern, nothing. Let's be honest, Canada wants to shift blame to the US because they are afraid of blaming the Iranians, the US won't do anything to Canadians.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
That Iranian General, was the leader of a terrorist organization, who was behind the killing of untold Americans, possibly a lot of Canadians, amongst untold numbers of others. It maybe Canadian policy to allow terrorist to run free and do what they will, but it's the not US policy. The US had nothing to do with idiots setting up a surface to air missile battery near their main airport and shooting down a airliner taking off from it, in their traffic pattern, nothing. Let's be honest, Canada wants to shift blame to the US because they are afraid of blaming the Iranians, the US won't do anything to Canadians.
I understand he was an Iranian terrorist and should have paid dearly for his crimes, which he did, but not in a way that would put innocent civilians at risk. IMO there should have been better coordination on this one with the allies of the US before-hand in order to mitigate civilian casualties. Canada has the same policy against terrorism as the US has, and if the US wanted our help, we would have had a skirmish with Iran over this with the help of the US and our coalition partners. He should have known that this was going to happen. That's all I'm saying mtime7.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I understand he was an Iranian terrorist and should have paid dearly for his crimes, which he did, but not in a way that would put innocent civilians at risk. IMO there should have been better coordination on this one with the allies of the US before-hand in order to mitigate civilian casualties. Canada has the same policy against terrorism as the US has, and if the US wanted our help, we would have had a skirmish with Iran over this with the help of the US and our coalition partners. He should have known that this was going to happen. That's all I'm saying mtime7.
Serioulsy, your line of questioning for an ex-service member is extremely shocking.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
How in the world would he know that some Iranian idiots would target and shoot down an airliner taking off from their own airport, when there is no attack happening within their borders, and haven't been? This is ridicules, this is Canada wanting to shift blame so they don't have to face the Iranians, which is understandable seeing how Canada can't even project power in their own back yard, what are they going to do about Iran.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
@GRANNY001 I may have been a bit offensive, I apologize, people like to blame the US for all their ills, and a lot of them are the US's fault, but when people making these claims and then throwing gas on the fire saying my country is run by a "Dictator" I get a little unnerved.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry mtime7, I think you may have been confused by my thread on this. IMO Some of the blame should fall on "him" because he was the one who had the "Iranian General" killed which started all this in the first place, so there is at least some blame to go around. How would you think Canada should feel about that? Yes, blame the Iranians as it should be, and they should compensate all the 57 Canadian families, but the US President is at fault here as well. There was no warning to Canada before he struck so that perhaps we could have taken some measures to help prevent these deaths. "Nuff" said.

Why he should take the blame? This is not the first incident to happen. Let us go back in time shall we?
1- Iran storming the US embassy in 1979 Fifty-two American diplomats and citizens were held hostage for 444 days.
2- 1983 United States embassy bombing in Beirut, Lebanon.
3- 1984 United States embassy annex bombing in Beirut, Lebanon
4- 1996 Khobar Towers bombing, Saudi Arabia. 19 US air force personnel were killed
5- 2007 Karbala provincial headquarters raid
6- 2016 U.S.–Iran naval incident
7- Iran attacks against US and its allies in Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen.

This is not Trump's fault. How is it his fault when an airliner took off from the middle of Iran. No told the idiot to push the button. At least he had the ball to teach Iran something unlike Obama.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I am kind of at a loss as to the Canadian thinking on this, terrorist leader Soleimani was killed on January 2, and the airliner was shot down on the January 8, and apparently they don't have any news TV or intelligence service in Canada to tell them what had happened on the January 2nd so it was President Trump's duty to warn Canada that we killed terrorist leader Soleimani a few days ago in Iraq and this apparently would have changed something, because Canada had no idea.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
I will not get into that kind of contest with you. Suffice to say, the world will be in a much better place with a new man at the top running the USA this November.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
What ever you say. You are right as always mtime7.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I will not get into that kind of contest with you. Suffice to say, the world will be in a much better place with a new man at the top running the USA this November.
Well I would expect a Canadian to elect a guy who doesn't even know where he's at

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Serioulsy, your line of questioning for an ex-service member is extremely shocking.
Hi Khafee. I think members are misinterpreting what I was saying. I am not a fan of any terrorist and they should all "burn-in hell"! All I was saying was that before America acts, it should at least let the rest of the allies know what's going on so that we could have mitigated the damage with civilians. That's it.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
exactly how many days notice do you Canooks need? I now understand that the Canadian Government doesn't have basic cable so they can't watch the news..
Hi Khafee. I think members are misinterpreting what I was saying. I am not a fan of any terrorist and they should all "burn-in hell"! All I was saying was that before America acts, it should at least let the rest of the allies know what's going on so that we could have mitigated the damage with civilians. That's it.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
@GRANNY001 I may have been a bit offensive, I apologize, people like to blame the US for all their ills, and a lot of them are the US's fault, but when people making these claims and then throwing gas on the fire saying my country is run by a "Dictator" I get a little unnerved.
Apology very much accepted mtime7. Le's start discussing forum issues and get rid of the politics. ;)