Carnage as Taliban storm Pakistan school, kill 130

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Carnage as Taliban storm Pakistan school, kill 130 | Maan News Agency

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) -- Taliban insurgents killed at least 130 people, most of them children, after storming an army-run school in Pakistan on Tuesday in one of the country's bloodiest attacks in recent years.

Witnesses described how a huge blast shook the Army Public School in the northwestern city of Peshawar and gunmen went from classroom to classroom, shooting children.

Distraught parents thronged the city's Lady Reading Hospital in the wake of the attack, weeping uncontrollably as children's bodies arrived, their school uniforms drenched in blood.

Irshadah Bibi, 40, whose 12-year-old son was among the dead, beat her face in grief, throwing herself against an ambulance.

"O God, why did you snatch away my son? What is the sin of my child and all these children?" she wept.

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack as retaliation for a major military offensive in the region, saying militants had been ordered to shoot older students.

The attack began around 10.30 a.m. when a group of at least five insurgents, reportedly in military uniforms, entered the school.

A security official told AFP that hundreds of students and staff were in the school when the attack began, though according to the military the bulk of them have been evacuated.

'National tragedy'

Around five and a half hours after the attack began, the army's chief spokesman General Asim Bajwa said the attackers had been cleared from all but one of the school's buildings.

Five militants had been killed, Bajwa said.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif described the attack as a "national tragedy unleashed by savages".

"These were my children. This is my loss. This is the nation's loss," he said.

Condolences to Pakistani people. Very tragic event.

This violence isn't normal, there is something really wrong.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
That is very tragic indeed.(:-\

"O God, why did you snatch away my son? What is the sin of my child and all these children?" she wept.

To him we belong and to him we shall return.

Pakistan need to either drag those baboons for a national dialogue or simply kill them all. Make no room for them to breath.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Carnage as Taliban storm Pakistan school, kill 130 | Maan News Agency

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) -- Taliban insurgents killed at least 130 people, most of them children, after storming an army-run school in Pakistan on Tuesday in one of the country's bloodiest attacks in recent years.

Witnesses described how a huge blast shook the Army Public School in the northwestern city of Peshawar and gunmen went from classroom to classroom, shooting children.

Distraught parents thronged the city's Lady Reading Hospital in the wake of the attack, weeping uncontrollably as children's bodies arrived, their school uniforms drenched in blood.

Irshadah Bibi, 40, whose 12-year-old son was among the dead, beat her face in grief, throwing herself against an ambulance.

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack as retaliation for a major military offensive in the region, saying militants had been ordered to shoot older students.

The attack began around 10.30 a.m. when a group of at least five insurgents, reportedly in military uniforms, entered the school.

A security official told AFP that hundreds of students and staff were in the school when the attack began, though according to the military the bulk of them have been evacuated.

'National tragedy'

Around five and a half hours after the attack began, the army's chief spokesman General Asim Bajwa said the attackers had been cleared from all but one of the school's buildings.

Five militants had been killed, Bajwa said.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif described the attack as a "national tragedy unleashed by savages".

"These were my children. This is my loss. This is the nation's loss," he said.

Condolences to Pakistani people. Very tragic event.

This violence isn't normal, there is something really wrong.
This is sad and it's really no words for something like this to happen. There has to be a better way then this.