Carpet Minefield Clearing and IED Neutralization/Detonation System | World Defense

Carpet Minefield Clearing and IED Neutralization/Detonation System

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Benefits

- High clearing efficiency
- Operational in all types of terrain
- Operational flexibility: manual semi- and fully-automatic modes
- Fully qualified and operational with the Israel Defense Forces and the French army
- Safe system for the crew

Minefield Clearing and IED Neutralization The Carpet is a modern minefield clearing and IED neutralization system that can clear a path of 100 meters in a minefield with high mine clearance efficiency and can neutralize all types of IED’s The system is operated by two members of the vehicle crew from inside the crew compartment in order to achieve maximum .protection Easily Assembled Launcher The Carpet system consists of a launcher that contains 20 rockets equipped with FAE (Fuel-AirExplosive) warheads. The launcher is an autonomous add-on kit that can be assembled easily and quickly in the field onto any main battle vehicle or suitable military vehicle. The system is self contained, with no hydraulic powe required from the host vehicle. The .system needs only 24V-28V power The Carpet is the most efficient system in the world for minefield /clearing and IED neutralization detonation in any terrain and in all weather conditions, while .maintaining crew safety

-Operational Characteristics

- Main Control Unit (MCU) controls firing and testing from within the cabin
- Cleared path marked with rocket fins
- No prior operation is required
- Takes only one minute to complete the mission
- Quick reloading in battlefield conditions
- Crew practice enabled with training rockets

oEUcPbh.png

http://www.rafael.co.il/marketing/SIP_STORAGE/FILES/3/953.pdf
-
IDF

vwUOXHT.jpg

4hS3zps.jpg

iVgNzFq.jpg

-
But is also in Service in the French army!

Called 'AMX30 SDPMAC'

eBhlQy9.jpg

kcPjr5o.jpg

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
i thought of this long time ago but i have a different idea. i need some money and engineers for R&D \_/)

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Have you seen the ISIL version of this? A line of children wearing metal shoes marching arm-in-arm in front of the troops (far enough ahead to protect the troops). Boko Haram uses virgins.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Have you seen the ISIL version of this? A line of children wearing metal shoes marching arm-in-arm in front of the troops (far enough ahead to protect the troops). Boko Haram uses virgins.

Sounds like propaganda to me, or it will not work too effectively. There are two different type of mines, anti-personal and anti-tank/vehicle. The anti-personal mines will take maybe 1-5kg of pressure to detonate, versus the anti-tank mines will take 200+kg to detonante. The reason is you don't want to waste 10+kg of explosive to kill a man when 50 grams will do the job.

Theoretically you could jump up and down all day long on an anti-tank mine and it should not go off.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Sounds like propaganda to me, or it will not work too effectively. There are two different type of mines, anti-personal and anti-tank/vehicle. The anti-personal mines will take maybe 1-5kg of pressure to detonate, versus the anti-tank mines will take 200+kg to detonante. The reason is you don't want to waste 10+kg of explosive to kill a man when 50 grams will do the job.

Theoretically you could jump up and down all day long on an anti-tank mine and it should not go off.
One word: humor. Sorry that you missed that point. I have known both military and police with senses of humor, so I assumed that at least some people on this forum would get a laugh out of my post above.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
One word: humor. Sorry that you missed that point. I have known both military and police with senses of humor, so I assumed that at least some people on this forum would get a laugh out of my post above.

These methods of clearing mines have been actually used in the past. A common method was to use live stock and to drive them through a suspected mine field. The purpose of a mine field is not to stop the enemy but to slow it down and cause psychological damage.

Officially commanders will not admit it, but they will use similar tactics. They run into a mine field but want to cross it quickly and they do not have time to call up engineers. He does not want to lose his tanks since they are expensive. So send a scout vehicle across the mine field, that way he knows that part of the mine field is clear. If the scout vehicle hits a mine, push the vehicle out of the way and send another one.