Charlie Hebdo Cover an Act Of War, Says Radical Muslim Cleric | World Defense

Charlie Hebdo Cover an Act Of War, Says Radical Muslim Cleric

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
To retreat is not a sign of cowardice. Following a terrorist attack whose primary motivation was how their prophet was depicted in magazines, the appropriate thing to do is keep doing what you'd been doing before? While I condemn the terrorist attack with vim, nonetheless I must declare that printing a caricature of Mohammad on the front cover of the issue of their [Charlie Hebdo] magazine right after the attack, isn't the wisest thing they've done. Anyone agree with me on this one?
Radical cleric Choudary calls Charlie Hebdo cover ‘act of war’ — RT UK
Radical Islamist cleric Anjem Choudary has declared the decision to print a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad on the cover of Charlie Hebdo’s first issue since Wednesday’s massacre an “act of war . . .
. . . According to the Islamists, depicting images of the Prophet was an act that warranted capital punishment under Sharia (Islamic) law.
Choudary claimed the magazine’s decision to print the cartoon was “attacking the honor of the Prophet,” and that ridiculing the Prophet of Islam is “extremely serious.”

He also described the decision as an act of “blatant provocation” that would be tried as an “act of war” in a Sharia court.
This indirect call for a response [in honor of the prophet] by the cleric concerns me.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Would you say something about the Holocaust and not get fired from your job, even be brought to court..etc. Would you go to a black neighborhood and start calling black people niggers, well, you try and see what happens to you. Why don't people differentiate b/t freedom of speech and hate speech. In another word why abusing the privilege of freedom of speech? Have you seen a Muslim acting the way those cartoon-ers do. All muslims respect and revere religious figures be it Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, Jacob, Solomon or any other religious figures. Why not acting in a civilized way by refraining from hurting others. The freedom of speech shouldn't carry hate rather be constructive. What did Prophet Mohammed do to Charlie Hebdo and others insulting him? Isn't in the public interest of France to allow that considering the fact that France has millions muslims living in it.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I view it as direct provocation. They [those who are for printing cartoons of religious figures] simply prove how immature they are. Everyone's rights need to be respected whether they [those people] are minorities or not. Less of the arrogance [by the media] and extremists won't have reasons for killing innocent people.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I view it as direct provocation. They [those who are for printing cartoons of religious figures] simply prove how immature they are. Everyone's rights need to be respected whether they [those people] are minorities or not. Less of the arrogance [by the media] and extremists won't have reasons for killing innocent people.

Its very clear that those insulting the prophet are doing it to provoke Muslims nothing else. Otherwise they wouldn't have done it knowing that millions are going to be offended by it. On the other hand, what the extremists did is totally unjustifiable from an Islamic prospective and many muslim scholars and political leaders have reaffirm that as well.

Just imagine someone insulting your mother, you would immediately bunch him in the face.

Another point is that some states in the US and also many European countries still have a blasphemy law where its not allowed to speak against jesus peace be upon him for example. You will get your ass locked up if you do. Why cant that be applied to Mohammed peace be upon him?

I think that is just ignorance not being civilized at all. Why allowing to degrading ourselves. All need to respect one another and try to coexist instead of pushing the clash of civilization.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
IMO as Turkish President accurately pointed out, the West's hypocrisy is galling. Anti-Muslim sentiments have been growing [not just in Europe] and the maybe people in the government are Islamophobes themselves but Political Correctness keeps them from speaking what's on their minds. Maybe this is being deliberately to provoke more extremists to launch another attack and force the government to speak out against Islam and Muslims. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but analyzing stuff like this gets me thinking that there could be more than meets the eye . . .