China’s Xi moves to take more direct command over military | World Defense

China’s Xi moves to take more direct command over military

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Dateline BEIJING — Chinese President Xi Jinping has assumed a more direct role as head of the country’s powerful armed forces with the new title of commander in chief of its Joint Operations Command Center. This is bolstering his status as China’s most powerful leader in decades. The Chinese president appeared publicly for the first time in camouflage battle dress wearing the joint center’s insignia.

Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/chinas-xi-moves-to-take-more-direct-command-over-military/#26OXddsAEex0LMPK.99

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This could be bad for one person to hold so much power.
I don't know what the system is there for things like mobilization or military decisions, but I hope it involved and well informed and sound panel.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
After Mao and Deng, it was basically a form of "collective leadership" in China. No president held total control over everything. Now Xi is changing it. And yes, he is meeting a lot of resistance and making tons of enemies in process.

There are a lot of information out there. Some information claims Xi is trying to clean up the deep rooted, rampaging corruption in China, and in order to do so he has to seize total control or he won't be able to remove those corrupted officials at the highest level.
Some information claim Xi is just using the anti-corruption campaign to remove potential rivals and those in his way to total dominance.

Only time will tell. After Deng, each Chinese president had only two terms. Xi is already more than half way through if I am not mistaken, and lets see if he will step down at the end of two terms. If so, then I doubt the second claim is true. If he refuses to step down, then it is true he wants to be a dictator for life.