China and Russia alliance to beat US? | World Defense

China and Russia alliance to beat US?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Do you think that with the two combined, they could just easily defeat the mighty powerhouse US? It's not that I trust US so much, but I think even with the forces of those two countries are combined, they wouldn't be able to take down US that easily, not to mention their alliance with other countries. But I do believe that US will have a hard time fighting the two and emerge victorious. I'm confident thought that US will give them a good match.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It is more of a economic trade pact as opposed to a military alliance. Russia supplies China with needed natural resources, China supplies Russia with cheap products.

Why should China go to war with USA ? The amount of trade between USA and China is huge.

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
If Russia were to go at war with US, allianced with China (though as previously mentioned, I don't think that the alliance they have now is in any way inclined towards this), I do think the EU would back US up. Now whether or not the troubles with Ukraine and Russia etc will escalate in the future for this question to be more pressing and less hypothetical... Well, I'm honestly curious about it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Somehow, it really baffles me why people are assuming China and Russia are military alliances. Granted, there are war games and arm sales, can they really go any further than this type of relationship? Both countries are in the process of "usurping" other countries' territories but this does not guarantee that they will ultimately join forces should there be a third world war (heaven forbid). They seem to have the same interests and may end up rivals if they keep at it. Also, I would like to point out that it's a tad bit unfair to pit Russia and China against the United States. Shouldn't the US have a partner as well to at least make everything "fair play"? US battling those two countries alone isn't justified.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Do you think that with the two combined, they could just easily defeat the mighty powerhouse US? It's not that I trust US so much, but I think even with the forces of those two countries are combined, they wouldn't be able to take down US that easily, not to mention their alliance with other countries. But I do believe that US will have a hard time fighting the two and emerge victorious. I'm confident thought that US will give them a good match.
China has way to much invested in America to want to take it down anytime soon, but I would say that China and Russia would be a strong force. We are also under the impression that these nations are not working together. I bet they are in some form or fashion. At the end of the day, it's all about business.

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
I think China is smart enough to want to maintain their current economic standing and not get itself involved in any conflicts it cannot afford. It already has India to worry about, with small clashes happening regularly along the mountainous border. Then there's the island claims against Japan, Philippines, Vietnam etc.

China would probably play the whole situation as cleverly as they could. After all, if Russia were to be destroyed economically/militarily - there'd be one less front to worry about, and more to gain economically.

MrDan89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst they don't have any open ties do you not think there may be more going on behind closed doors? North Korea could be planning a visit to Russia (S. Korea sees 'possibility' of Kim's visit to Russia: source) and they are closely tied with China as we know!

Another thread on this forum has already highlighted the fact that we could be seeing the beginnings of a relationship of sorts between the two. Perhaps the West needs to keep a careful eye on these developments.
Russia has sold six battalions of S-400 surface-to-air defense missile systems to China | World Defense

Edit: added closed brackets

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
I can only imagine the kind of tom-foolery going on behind closed doors. We can only guess at it too. But I am not sure I see North Korea as a viable threat to the US, and neither a worthy ally to Russia. China itself has been slowly distancing itself from Pyongyang's antics for the past few years.

I definitely see China as the sleeping tiger though.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Eventually there's going to be war. The Sino-Russian alliance will face the Americans and their allies in the Middle East. The outcome of this, would be a loosely united Western Europe once again taking it's place as the most powerful "nation/union" in the world. So when China-Russia battle the U.S they'll all sink together.

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
If Russia and China were to beat the States, then it would be a major loss for them. China is good business partners with the US, so is Russia.
But if they would still attack the States, it would be a close call for Russia and China, because the US has the best military in the world.

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
If Russia and China were to beat the States, then it would be a major loss for them. China is good business partners with the US, so is Russia.
But if they would still attack the States, it would be a close call for Russia and China, because the US has the best military in the world.

With the US out of the picture - wouldn't Russia be now privvy to take China out of the picture, and vice versa? The power vacuum left behind by such an event would create some very interesting possibilities. I think it's more likely China would work to make sure Russia is out of the picture in order to maintain dominance of its regions - both politically, militarily and economically. This is actually what I think their end game would be. It's easier to get Russia out of the picture than the US and the West with world dominance in mind. And Russia has historically shown a high willingness to play the cards to its advantage [WWII German flip flop, followed by the massive land grabs of the USSR].

If I were China, I'd be shaking hands with the US while keeping an eye on Russia, while smiling.