China building high speed rail to Moscow | Page 2 | World Defense

China building high speed rail to Moscow

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They have that tendency to make everything the largest in the world. They have the capacity for it and of course that every good deed has a downside of a sort but this is a good thing. Of course that this is not only a travel highway and it will be used in many affairs between these two countries but China is obviously smart enough to know and see how strong is Russia and to build good relationship with the neighbours.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
The rail link will open many more doors for China, when it comes to the export of goods, and this rail link will open up a new area for them to try and corner the market.

I'm not exactly sure what Putin and Russia will get out if it, but knowing them they won't be doing it just out of the goodness of their heart.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
The rail link will open many more doors for China, when it comes to the export of goods, and this rail link will open up a new area for them to try and corner the market.

I'm not exactly sure what Putin and Russia will get out if it, but knowing them they won't be doing it just out of the goodness of their heart.

Come on. Russian economy is depended on trade. While Russian heavy industry is great, they are not up to date on the consumer products. They have to import a lot of manufactured goods for consumers as well as a lot of their food. So what they get out of it? Trade obviously, on the top of political reasons.

Like I said before, railway of this distance is not that great for passengers since it will take days, but as freighters it will work just fine and probably the cheapest method for trade in this router.