Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is really suprising to know in a good way. The train would sure be a technological marvel. I don't like China really. I think that whatever that they do is only to get them inch closer to their plan to dominate the world. But this one, I like it despite the big involvement of China because I like technology and science and whoever brings out the more in them, is one worth my admiration.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think this could be an important step to bringing people together and preventing a conflict in the near future. When two or more countries are in a mutually beneficial relationship they are less inclined to fight over resources, land, etc. I just hope Africa sees something out of this.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not 100% sure that the chinese have bringing the people and the world together, in mind when they first announced this.

This will play a major role of a way to export into Europe via Russia instead of using other costlier methods.

Maybe I'm just being a little cynical but I doubt China would do anything unless it made financial sense to their economy.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
China have been the leader in supplying cheap goods to the world for a long time already, people don't seem to look at the great scheme of things.

I'd say export, is probably THE main industry where China is concerned, and that is the fault of all the countries for not limiting that right from the start.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It's heartwarming for me to read such a title because it portrays the value of friendship. That physical connection between 2 countries is a symbol of good things to come. Another thing going for that is the railway - I always dreamed of this for our country. The PNR (Philippine National Railways) used to have thousands of miles in terms of rails that were being used in the early part of the 1900s. But now just a hundred miles are left of that.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
I think this is really good news! Russia and China might not have the friendliest relationships, but this will offer multiple economic benefits to both countries. It will probably be a true technological wonder, too.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
This may benefit them economically, but over such a distance, maintenance will be a costly issue. I wonder if get have considered what winter will do to the rail line?

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
This may benefit them economically, but over such a distance, maintenance will be a costly issue. I wonder if get have considered what winter will do to the rail line?
Good point! Do you think that the economic benefits of this high speed rail will outweigh the maintenance costs? It is, is this a good project at all?

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
Hmm, this rings a bell. I know it's been in January and now it's July, but even to this date the construction of this railroad still surprises me a lot. They try to strenghten their relations in a time when they don't agree to a lot of things, and I find China is just too hypocrite even for China. Who the hell still doesn't recognize the undisputable right of a person to hold a private property? China, of course.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
I think this is really good news! Russia and China might not have the friendliest relationships, but this will offer multiple economic benefits to both countries. It will probably be a true technological wonder, too.
Ummm "good news" Do we really want the Russians and the Chinese joining forces? I would be leery of this one. Neither of them have proven to be friends of the U.S. and I would be a bit concerned that the two of them could join forces. Maybe I am just being a bit paranoid, but neither have been proven to be trustworthy.

davm92

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Mexico
Hmm, this rings a bell. I know it's been in January and now it's July, but even to this date the construction of this railroad still surprises me a lot. They try to strenghten their relations in a time when they don't agree to a lot of things, and I find China is just too hypocrite even for China. Who the hell still doesn't recognize the undisputable right of a person to hold a private property? China, of course.
China is pretty smart, they know that Russia is a very strong country with nuclear power, even if they don't agree on a lot of issues they would rather have Russia as their ally. This kind of things are also an important message from China to the US saying: "We can live without you, can you live without me?".
I would love to ride that train despite I heavily dislike China.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
This is strategic planning to implement trade routes for food, medical supply items, and weaponry when needed. It also helps them move troops between the two countries faster if they do this. After selling off so many of the US bonds (we're talking over a hundred billion dollars worth of notes) and the establishment of BRICS, I'm certain that these are just the transportation routes and things they're willing to let be known and when push comes to shove economically, they're going to need it and then some to keep things going out there.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
With the present problem of Metro Manila's congested roads, I think the Philippines would welcome an offer from China to build trains railways here. My best bet is to connect Manila to Baguio City, a good 6-hours drive that would have a 2-hour travel time by an efficient railway system. Unfortunately, the Philippines and China are at odds over the Spratlys issue so that would just be a dream.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
From Beijing to Moscow, high speed or not, it will take a train days to get there. I think for this kind of distance, high speed rail is insufficient method of traveling. High speed railway is only good for short to medium distance... in my opinion within 500 miles. Anything beyond that, I'd rather take a plane which isn't much more expensive but much faster.

But then again, if both China and Russia want a high speed railway link between the two capitals, it's their business. Perhaps it will be a cheaper way for transport goods rather than people.