China calls Philippines a "crying baby" | Page 2 | World Defense

China calls Philippines a "crying baby"

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
They do seem to be the first ones to call for help in any situation so I guess China does have a point. If calling them a crying baby and being that vocal about it is the right way to go though I'm not too sure.

When you look at the size, they can maybe be forgiven for asking and needing help more than most.

Last edited:

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
It's amazing that they're still fighting over this little seed territory that's been going on for a long period of time it seems like that area has a high level of importance. Fighting over land all these different things that we do is humans is incredibly stupid. We need to really look at the bigger picture and start to realize that we had to share this planet with one another and until we can travel to another world let's all get along.
The real reason why China is interested in Spratly? The island group has one of the biggest untapped oil reserves in the world. In fact, whoever gets to mine oil from those islands would be able generate millions of barrels in a year. Unfortunately for China, Macau, Hong Kong and Taipei don't generate enough money for their government's coffers. What's a quick way to get filthy rich? Even richer than they already are? To steal the resources of others. FACT: Chinese poachers illegally capture and kill several endangered species in the Philippine sea, including tortoises and large clams. Read for further insight: Philippines fines Chinese fishermen $102,000 each for poaching| Reuters.

Last edited:

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
China is just trying to be a bully in the region and they need the land space seeing that their population is so huge in comparison to their land size. I still don't think much Chinese can hold on those tiny Islands that China so desperately wants.

As I already mentioned in the above post, aside from expansionist ambitions, China wants to profit off the Spratly islands, which are rich in oil. Also, they want to take advantage of the resources of other countries because they're greedy for more.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
China maybe saying this due to the power it has and also, may believe that Philippines is not able to fight them or talk back to them and trying to blame them for the problems occuring at the moment. China has the resources and wants land which is not theirs and may even try to buy them out and than mock them that they are easy to beat in the game will be interesting to see what happens later on. I think China is not innocent and also, it is interesting how they are trying to scare the country and take over by force if needed which could result in problems.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
As with most of the world's problems, they can either be attributed to two thing, religion and money.

And in this case, with the oil reserve China want to get their hands on it the latter.