China calls Philippines a "crying baby" | World Defense

China calls Philippines a "crying baby"

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
"Only one month after an arbitration farce, the Philippines is putting up another pathetic show in an attempt to lobby international sympathy and support in its territorial spat with China," Xinhua wrote.

"Manila should be fully aware that acting like a crying baby and begging for compassion from the international community would never help justify its claims in the South China Sea dispute," it said.

The rest of the world is starting to get fed up with the Philippines, just China is being more vocal about it. In 2013 the Philippines pursued the an unarmed Taiwanese fishing vessel for over 20 minutes before machine gunning it down. The Philippine government refused to accept responsibility, which caused an international incident with Taiwan who is an important US ally. Taiwan in retaliation put a hiring freeze on all Filipino foreign workers in Taiwan, intially Taiwan wanted to deport all 150,000+ Filipinos foreign workers from Taiwan.

Over 350,000 Filipinos work in Hong Kong which is part of China. The Filipino economy relies heavily on remitances from these overseas workers. If the Philippines keeps on biting the hand that feeds it, China might deport all of these workers.

Philippines a 'crying baby' for opposing China island-building: state media

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
"Only one month after an arbitration farce, the Philippines is putting up another pathetic show in an attempt to lobby international sympathy and support in its territorial spat with China," Xinhua wrote.

"Manila should be fully aware that acting like a crying baby and begging for compassion from the international community would never help justify its claims in the South China Sea dispute," it said.

The rest of the world is starting to get fed up with the Philippines, just China is being more vocal about it. In 2013 the Philippines pursued the an unarmed Taiwanese fishing vessel for over 20 minutes before machine gunning it down. The Philippine government refused to accept responsibility, which caused an international incident with Taiwan who is an important US ally. Taiwan in retaliation put a hiring freeze on all Filipino foreign workers in Taiwan, intially Taiwan wanted to deport all 150,000+ Filipinos foreign workers from Taiwan.

Over 350,000 Filipinos work in Hong Kong which is part of China. The Filipino economy relies heavily on remitances from these overseas workers. If the Philippines keeps on biting the hand that feeds it, China might deport all of these workers.

I can see this happening. I even read somewhere that the UN is thinking of already dismembering this country. Their corruption has gone worst this time.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Hey, are you sharing facts or tainted opinions? You're from Hong Kong, right? No wonder you're running off at the mouth. I find it weird that you're defending China. Hasn't the Chinese government suppressed your people's democratic rights? How are the Hong Kong protesters doing, by the way? Are you and your people still deprived by your own country? Your posts about the Philippines are always full of hate. Get over it, will you? China is a big, fat land-grabber. The whole world knows that. The reason why they tolerate the country? They're the only ones populated enough to manufacture goods with the least overhead costs.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I can see this happening. I even read somewhere that the UN is thinking of already dismembering this country. Their corruption has gone worst this time.
What you read somewhere doesn't hold water. You cannot remove a country's membership for that reason alone. Why? The Philippines isn't even topping the world's most corrupt countries list. African and Latin American countries have beat us to it, you know. That so-called "news" you read is nothing more but black propaganda spread by people like orangesunset who obviously hate the Philippines for all the wrong reasons.

mikka254

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Kenya
That's what bullies do. They start name calling when you ask for help to belittle your efforts. Let us not focus on what they are saying.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
NO Philippines is not a crying baby. It just saying the truth. China has no jurisdiction towards all the Spartly island. If China is quite confident that they own the entire Spartly Island what is the reason why China did not what to participate in the arbitration case? Is it that China is just afraid that the tuling of ITLOS will be against him? With regards to corruption, the Philippines is not the most country in world and thats a fact.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's what bullies do. They start name calling when you ask for help to belittle your efforts. Let us not focus on what they are saying.
I'm not sure if this a bullying problem really. It could be a difference in the culture of the Philippines and China. Like how in some countries it is perfectly acceptable to show people the soles of your feet, in others this would be considered disrespectful or even offensive.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't know what are the causes of this conflict and I hope they pass it soon..

But for sure China vs Philippines isn't fair .

Laplace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Hey, I don't deny the accusations. Philippines is really messed up. But there are a lot of good people there too. And did you know that on abroad, Filipinos are considered to be hardworking, smart, and competent individuals? Did we hear any praise? No. The only reason why is because bad news are easier to talk about. But I can't deny what you mean, not all Filipinos are great men. But in reality, there are great men and retarded men just the same as in other country.

In the Philippines, the problem is the culture, social structure and politics. However, if you think about it, China is a tyrannical country. They are quite invasive if you ask me. There is also an issue like this in Japan. They are trying to take a portion of the land as well. It sounded like you're taking their side so I have to mention this.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I'm pretty sure the rest of the world has stopped caring about China's opinion on anything.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya

Any territorial disputes should be settled by the international court with the UN being an interested party. All parties involved should refrain from unorthodox means in putting forward their case. No amount of intimidation and threats should be allowed and all efforts should be geared in ensuring that justice prevails.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
While the Phillipine government is clearly corrupt, I don't think China is in much of a position to lecture any other country on their behavior. As far as corrupt regimes go, China is near the top. So it's a bit like Iran calling out North Korea for human rights abuses. It isn't really credible.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
China is just trying to be a bully in the region and they need the land space seeing that their population is so huge in comparison to their land size. I still don't think much Chinese can hold on those tiny Islands that China so desperately wants.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
It's amazing that they're still fighting over this little seed territory that's been going on for a long period of time it seems like that area has a high level of importance. Fighting over land all these different things that we do is humans is incredibly stupid. We need to really look at the bigger picture and start to realize that we had to share this planet with one another and until we can travel to another world let's all get along.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
The fact that you called on the Taiwanese fishing boats are because they have crossed the boundary without even communicating to the patrol groups though i can see that its our fault. Despite of this, about the territorial disputes, the Spratlys Islands are too far from China for China to get it. It is on the western Philippines sea and the United Nations eve support the claim of the Philippines. They are now finding a peaceful way to resolve this issue.