China: From sleeping giant to awakened giant! | Page 2 | World Defense

China: From sleeping giant to awakened giant!

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think it really depends who in China you ask. In some villages the culture is still the same as it ever was, in major cities things are certainly changing. I think the large population is what is holding China back, a lot of people are still working for very little money in terrible conditions. Once this changes the politics will change.
Exactly, though we know that the country is communist so the budget for the governement to import weapons is very big. THey are well prepared, when the Giant rises, be careful. As of now, even UN is afraid of China especially in managing territorial disputes :D

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Well is there anyone here that lives in China? I'm sure they could tell us how their country fairs and whether they believe their country stands a chance in war.

I agree that China's larger population is in bad shape. Only a few of their cities have any financial backing and even that is pretty lacking. Financially, they could never sustain a war.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, though we know that the country is communist so the budget for the governement to import weapons is very big. THey are well prepared, when the Giant rises, be careful. As of now, even UN is afraid of China especially in managing territorial disputes :D
I'm not surprised really. With a population that large and the control the Chinese government has tried to maintain over it's people, China could certainly be dangerous. I think the internet could prevent such a conflict.

mae_mae

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Military power of China has grown up. China has one of the strongest weapon arsenals on the planet. They are communist and money gained by the country is really big and considering the millions of population they have. China is even feared by UN so they are taking slow actions especially on the issues of island claims on the South China Sea. Such claims are from Japan, Thailand, Philippines and other neighboring countries. With this, China is really seen as a giant and it has risen!

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
I see that many people misuse the "superpower" conception. I wouldn't say that China is one if I were asked; I would say it's a hypocrite country: It's adopted many western principles, such as capitalism ( which is a huge turnaround ), but they still don't ensure essential human rights conditions, like the right of having a private property. Of course, they do well in their position, economically and militarily wise, and I momentarily don't see a reason they should change, but they shouldn't try to compete with countries like USA, where "humane" conditions are met.
My point is that China must properly hierarchize the tasks they need to accomplish before priding with statements such as "Look at how big and advanced our army and economy are."