China: From sleeping giant to awakened giant! | World Defense

China: From sleeping giant to awakened giant!

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
China was given a moniker as a sleeping giant, because it's still not improving economically and politically speaking despite its fast growing population, but again that was back the time. Now it's completely changed, it's now able to turn out as a great country and a strong and powerful one. It surely knows now what to do with its population and resources to the point that they even amass other nation's properties.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
China for the most part is still sleeping, it does not have superpower status, because except for its neighboring countries it doesn't really attempt to influence world policy. Super powers like USA and former super powers like Britain and France where always meddling in the internal affairs of other countries.

Possibly this might change in the future, but China politically and militarily is sleeping.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think China is already an awakened giant. Its military is already the third most powerful in the world as ranked in Global Power Index 201 5 see Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2015 . And also China is considered as the biggest economy in the world in terms of PPP (purchasing power) surpassing the US in 2014. Its economic influence is becoming more widespread around the globe from Asia to Europe to America. But it does not yet reach the level of power the US have overall.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I think they have always been awake since as far as I know, they are the ones who invented money. I might be wrong on that history fact though, but yes... definitely I would agree that they were never really asleep.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
I think they have always been awake since as far as I know, they are the ones who invented money. I might be wrong on that history fact though, but yes... definitely I would agree that they were never really asleep.

It's worth noting that the ancient Chinese did not invent the concept of money, but paper currency. Metal coinage was in use way before then.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
China is now the no. 1 in economy. It surpasses the United states. As the world's most populous country with the largest aging population and a rapidly growing economy. China enters an era of great transformation that will shift its development to the depths of its territory. China is indeed an awakened giant.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
China has horrible and despicable human rights. No matter how much it grows economically and politically. No matter how many good friends it makes until these issues are sorted it will never stop sleeping

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
It's worth noting that the ancient Chinese did not invent the concept of money, but paper currency. Metal coinage was in use way before then.

Wasn't it China that invented paper?

China has horrible and despicable human rights. No matter how much it grows economically and politically. No matter how many good friends it makes until these issues are sorted it will never stop sleeping

I agree and it is best that they remain asleep. China's morality is very low. I have banned Chinese products from my home because of their humane policies being so lax. It is hard though because everything on the shelves these days are made in China.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't it China that invented paper?

I agree and it is best that they remain asleep. China's morality is very low. I have banned Chinese products from my home because of their humane policies being so lax. It is hard though because everything on the shelves these days are made in China.
It must be really difficult to do. I did the same with Isreali products because of their war with Palestinian people. But that's another debate. I think China is soon going to alienate a lot of the world.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
What I find humorous is some of my favorite SciFi TV shows made reference to China taking over. For instance, Firefly shows everyone speaks a cross between English and Chinese as the common language. It is almost as if they were predicting this occurrence from happening in the future.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
China indeed have woken up. China now possess one of the most and largest weaponry in the entire planet. Every country must now fear what China can do, even the United States of America is not ahead of the the battle with china

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I would not go that far. China is semi dependent on the US. The US is one of their biggest buyers of products. If they war with the US all their biggest buyers will sanction them and they would not have the financial back, even with help, to support the war for more then a year. That is all the time that the US needs to break them down. Never underestimate the US and their allies.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I would not go that far. China is semi dependent on the US. The US is one of their biggest buyers of products. If they war with the US all their biggest buyers will sanction them and they would not have the financial back, even with help, to support the war for more then a year. That is all the time that the US needs to break them down. Never underestimate the US and their allies.
US is powerful enough as you have said it it has allies though in terms of weaponry, China is now getting to the US level. We should not under estimate China also. What if they would become allies together with North Korea and Russia, definitely there would a time wherein the time of the world to explode will come . China is big, china is powerful! even the UN cannot defy china.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
China is also filled with even more issues internally then any other country which stops them from pushing any further. If they were to side with Russia... then I would have some concern, but even then I would still have confidence in the Allies in defeating any opposition from Russia or China or both. As for North Korea pfffttt....., they are not even a second thought. China may have a large military and their weaponry is advancing, but look at their people. They still have too much strife and civil unrest to organize themselves into anything effective enough to take on the US. They would have to have other countries join the fight in order to win against the US. The US against China alone, I guarantee the US would win... it would be a tough fight but the US would still over take China. Now lets say the US and China's allies were to get involved.... It would be the US and EU (along with smaller nations such as Japan, Australia, Canada, some of Africa, and most of South America) against China, Russia, and maybe the Middle East. Allies and Axis again. The Allies are stronger, more technologically set, financially set and population wise combined out weigh the Axis countries. Not to mention, they Axis countries are disorganized and too focused on their own agendas to focus effectively against the Allies.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think it really depends who in China you ask. In some villages the culture is still the same as it ever was, in major cities things are certainly changing. I think the large population is what is holding China back, a lot of people are still working for very little money in terrible conditions. Once this changes the politics will change.