China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile | World Defense

China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
3tb_14110615581941ra512293.jpg

China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile. CX-1 anti-ship missile first time presented at Zhuhai Air Show.

The missile is carried in flight by aerodynamic lift. The solid-propellant booster is located in the ramjet’s combustion chamber and is ejected by the airflow after it has burned out.

Over-the-horizon firing range, full autonomy of combat use (“fire and forget”), a set of flexible (“low”, “high-low”) trajectories, high supersonic speed on all phases of flight, full harmonization for a wide range of platforms (surface ships of all major classes, submarines and land-based launchers), low profile flight (sea-skimming), possible use of the missile in electronic countermeasures environment and under enemy fire.

China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile | Defence blog

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The missile is now exportable. Can Saudi Arabia reach for it? It wouldn't be a bad idea at all. (*:*)

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
3tb_14110615581941ra512293.jpg

China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile. CX-1 anti-ship missile first time presented at Zhuhai Air Show.

The missile is carried in flight by aerodynamic lift. The solid-propellant booster is located in the ramjet’s combustion chamber and is ejected by the airflow after it has burned out.

Over-the-horizon firing range, full autonomy of combat use (“fire and forget”), a set of flexible (“low”, “high-low”) trajectories, high supersonic speed on all phases of flight, full harmonization for a wide range of platforms (surface ships of all major classes, submarines and land-based launchers), low profile flight (sea-skimming), possible use of the missile in electronic countermeasures environment and under enemy fire.

China has developed a new CX-1 anti-ship missile | Defence blog
Sounds nice and looks nice, I'm sure it going to be popular. I see on youtube it's called the worlds largest anti-ship cruise missile. I'm sure many nations are going to want to get a hold of this one.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
China is just getting stronger each year. But for what? It could be for their security, but it's only for that if there's a real serious threat. Another it could be is for their territorial expansion or world domination, which is threatening. Because to expand they would really have to wage war because I don't think that there's a country who would just readily escape away from territorial dispute and give up the disputed territory. Also military prowess reflects the power of the country. But why does the country have to be powerful? I think it's to provide a well-being to its country men. But in doing so, a country shouldn't be the cause of the suffering of the people of other country. It's not really the pride that matters, but the unity of the people of the country.

alfonso87

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
I heard it goes up to mach 3 speeds. I have to say that's quite impressive. I don't think they'll be exported too much 'cause I hear they're expensive! Wonder if it will match up to Russia's BrahMos or the USA's LRASM.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Apparently, it's possible that Russia's Mashinostroyenia could have sold the technology used in BrahMos to China. Russian and Chinese relations seem to be growing warmer with a variety of collaborations on defense and economic projects announced recently.