China Is Becoming Russia's Economic 'Loan Shark' | World Defense

China Is Becoming Russia's Economic 'Loan Shark'

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
To carry over Russia due to the low price of oil, China has agreed to lend Russia money. In exchange Russia has given China concession to build a high speed railway across Russia, this will link Chinese factories directly to Europe. China eventually wants to construct a high speed railway into Africa.

Freight will be able to travel at twice the speed as sea, but at the same cost. That means China can drop goods off into Europe and on the return trip haul raw resources from Africa.

About the only loser in the game is USA. They are becoming more isolated, and their economy is suffering because of the low cost of oil.

China Is Becoming Russia's Economic 'Loan Shark' | VICE News

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
I heard about this news and I agree with the fact that China is really improving day by day. I bet that they'll become the "new USA after war" nation in a matter of years.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
China certainly is serious about being the #1 economy in the world. Lay down the infrastructure and blow the competition to smithereens. No matter how much they spend on it [the high speed railway] they stand to gain much from it. I think this would open up Africa for more exploitation though. China will be the new "colonial" power on the continent.