China strengthening its air defenses on Sino-Indian border | World Defense

China strengthening its air defenses on Sino-Indian border

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Pakistan
https://fighterjetsworld.com/2018/02/22/china-strengthening-its-air-defenses-on-sino-indian-border/
Picture_118-768x463.jpg

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Reading all those articles lately is there a current tension between China and India @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @SOUTHie

Huge, Sir, but largely one-sided. We sit and worry about them; they have us on the back burner until they have figured out where they are on their confrontation with that erratic and very dangerous Trump. More when I return; rushing out on urgent work.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
it's been like that for a while now. Since Modi took over, he is in a confrontational mode with our 'not so friendly' countries. I don't know what's up with him and why this strategy.

1) Power - Scare people so much, dierectly or indirectly via boogeymen, that follow you like sheep

2) Money - Nothing like a national security crisis, to sign plethoras of defense hardware contracts, and......

SOUTHie

Reactions
132 8 0
Country
India
1) Power - Scare people so much, dierectly or indirectly via boogeymen, that follow you like sheep

2) Money - Nothing like a national security crisis, to sign plethoras of defense hardware contracts, and......
I don't think raising Pakistan or China can win elections anymore. At least majority of the people who voted BJP was for development and economic stability. As an example, they tried to invoke the Pakistan issue but that didn't work in Gujarat.

Your second point is possible. Since in corruption, I don't see much difference between political parties. Only that one does a better job of covering things up.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
it's been like that for a while now. Since Modi took over, he is in a confrontational mode with our 'not so friendly' countries. I don't know what's up with him and why this strategy.

He needs to prove his salience, compared to the previously prevalent position on international affairs?

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
Reading all those articles lately is there a current tension between China and India @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @SOUTHie

Somewhat, its mostly posturing (hey look what we can do if you keep this up....all major countries do this)....but essentially it is of limited use in any really large conflict given the logistical issues the Tibetan plateau poses for men and material formations esp in relation to the C4I India has deployed with defenders advantage.

China for large part (I'd say occupying 90% or more of their current strategic doctrine) is focused on ways to break out sustainably of the island chain to its east (both long term and options available in a hypothetical conflict). USN + allied deployment there is far more serious challenge to their military and economic/population heartland (the coast). Essentially the Chinese know very well India is not interested in any challenge to Tibet and Russia is a pretty strong ally of convenience currently so Uighur + Manchuria + Mongolian plains are more or less secured for the mid term. But their navy is severely hemmed in and constrained operationally to the east with an extremely capable adversary they will be in an inferior position for quite some more time...thus its the main focus.