Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
China to beef up nuclear submarine fleet by 2020: report

201501040011t0001.jpg

Russian and Chinese vessels dock in Wusong naval port in Shanghai. Photo courtesy of China News Agency​

Taipei, Jan. 4 (CNA) China will invest heavily in fielding advanced nuclear-powered attack and ballistic missile submarines during the next six years, according to a Russian report on China's nuclear potential.

In an article published last week by the Russian Military Observer, the media outlet said China's military has at least three operational Type-094 nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines, with each being capable of carrying 12 JL-2 missiles that have a range of 8,000 kilometers.

By 2020, the Chinese military is projected to field at least four Type-094s and two next-generation Type-096 submarines, carrying around 80 sea-based intercontinental ballistic missiles and 250 to 300 nuclear-armed missiles, the report stated.

The Type-096 submarines can carry 24 sea-based ballistic missiles, with an estimated range of at least 11,000 kilometers, the report pointed out.

In addition to the ballistic missile submarines, China is also building the new Type-095 attack submarine as a successor to its current Type-093, the report said.
China to beef up nuclear submarine fleet by 2020: report | Politics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
China is coming across the dominance ..

Its military power is growing up faster than USA ,Russia and India .

I respect them and I consider China as a best example of the discipline and hard working workers.

But the question is that will China continue that growth to be the No.1 in the future ?or it's temporary level will end at a certain point of power they won't pass over it?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
China is coming across the dominance ..

Its military power is growing up faster than USA ,Russia and India .

I respect them and I consider China as a best example of the discipline and hard working workers.

But the question is that will China continue that growth to be the No.1 in the future ?or it's temporary level will end at a certain point of power they won't pass over it?

Dominating in numbers, quantity but quality is hard for china to cope up with the US and Europe. Lets not forget that China is still relying on Russia for plane engines.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Dominating in numbers, quantity but quality is hard for china to cope up with the US and Europe. Lets not forget that China is still relying on Russia for plane engines.

I agree with you in case of quality ,but I think they are bridging the gap of " low quality " by producing the huge amounts of units .

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This doesn't sound too good. I'm sure China's doing this to intimidate every country that laid a claim to the Spratly islands. Did they think nuclear submarines are enough to scare us away? Even when there's no cause to do so, would they use every excuse imaginable to use those nuclear weapons against Southeast Asian countries that are nearer to the islands than China ever will? Bring it on then! Don't think you'll get away with it without dire political and economic consequences.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
This is a lot more worrying that the news that China is building up its surface fleet. Nuclear submarines are something like dark horses in war. They can remain undetected underwater for long periods of time. They can be parked, in a manner of speaking, in international waters off, say, the coast of the US. They can be anywhere in the world. With nuclear missiles, no doubt. That's a lot to worry about.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
China to beef up nuclear submarine fleet by 2020: report

201501040011t0001.jpg

Russian and Chinese vessels dock in Wusong naval port in Shanghai. Photo courtesy of China News Agency​

Taipei, Jan. 4 (CNA) China will invest heavily in fielding advanced nuclear-powered attack and ballistic missile submarines during the next six years, according to a Russian report on China's nuclear potential.

In an article published last week by the Russian Military Observer, the media outlet said China's military has at least three operational Type-094 nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines, with each being capable of carrying 12 JL-2 missiles that have a range of 8,000 kilometers.

By 2020, the Chinese military is projected to field at least four Type-094s and two next-generation Type-096 submarines, carrying around 80 sea-based intercontinental ballistic missiles and 250 to 300 nuclear-armed missiles, the report stated.

The Type-096 submarines can carry 24 sea-based ballistic missiles, with an estimated range of at least 11,000 kilometers, the report pointed out.

In addition to the ballistic missile submarines, China is also building the new Type-095 attack submarine as a successor to its current Type-093, the report said.
China to beef up nuclear submarine fleet by 2020: report | Politics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS
China is on the rise and I think we are going to have a new super power soon. People are going to flee to china because of the resources it has access to, I know a lot of english teachers are going over there from the United States and the UK, it must be for a reason.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
China is on the rise and I think we are going to have a new super power soon. People are going to flee to china because of the resources it has access to, I know a lot of english teachers are going over there from the United States and the UK, it must be for a reason.

China is already super power dude.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
By 2020, China seems to be at par or even better than US? Do you think that it's really necessary? It feels like that US is feeling threatened because of these movements of China. Who wouldn't be? US is the mother country for us all. So if US is threatened, then we need to be also. But what would US be threatened? What does China want ins strengthening its military arsenal? I guess we really need to have an answer to clear up our mind and for us to not feel threatened to avoid us the stereotype China.