China warns US spy plane... | World Defense

China warns US spy plane...

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
The US and China are in a pissing contest. It's said that this could lead to war. Seems like we're the pissing challenge champions, and other countries are coming out of the woodwork to steal our title. I'm just grateful,that here in America, we don't have anything that could use the attention of our government.
(That was sarcasm)
Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane - CNNPolitics.com

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
upload_2015-5-22_1-25-5.png

It's something normal between the superpower countries.The international law nowadays "No place for the weak, you've to prove yourself ".Chinese quite understood the law, and they have proven that they have all the factors that qualify them to expand their influence such as military power,manpower and financial power.

For sure, U.S isn't satisfied with that but there is no less cost option except accepting China as it is with its expansionary approach. Using power with China won't harm them to stop their policy rather than it could ignite arms race with China+Russian and I'm not sure if the U.S economy will bear all that .

The dragon VS the eagle

China-vs-America-Dragon-arm-wrestling-Eagle.jpg

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While all the talk seems to have been about ISIS, Russia and North Korea recently, I think China have certainly took advantage of that by creeping up on the blind side so to speak.

China's intentions have been clear for quite a while now, they want to be classed as a superpower and they'll do whatever it takes for the rest of the world to recognise that. I think countries are expecting China to become a bigger influence in the world, I just don't think they expected it to happen as quickly as this.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well these things seem to be the way big nations have confrontation these days. Russia does it all the time when they fly into UK airspace with nuclear bombers just for the fun of it. China wouldn't be crazy enough to shoot down the US plane.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Well these things seem to be the way big nations have confrontation these days. Russia does it all the time when they fly into UK airspace with nuclear bombers just for the fun of it. China wouldn't be crazy enough to shoot down the US plane.
If I remember correctly, your posts are usually optimistic. That's a good thing. Especially with these topics in this era. I'm a pessimist, regardless of how much I fight it. So I really appreciate your optimism. I'm pretty sure I've told you more than once that I hope you're right. Just sayin...

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The US and China are in a pissing contest. It's said that this could lead to war.
It was also said back during the cold war that Russia and the U.S would nuke each other to oblivion. It never happened. Why? There'd be no winners. That's the same reason the Superpowers [and emerging superpowers such as China] won't be fighting each other yet.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think this will be something, which can go good or bad and also a war and could happen if things go wrong and also it can cause damages as well and also will be maybe a warning as well to what could happen later on. I think that, China has a bigger chance and also quite strong as well and also if the two world powers fight than it could end both sides as well and would not be a good thing as both have a good military and also financial side as well. China has been getting suspicious over USA and could destroy the next plane and also it would, be a bad thing if a plane is destoryed as it can ruin the relationship they have and will be lost forever.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom

Exactly, it's just a massive game at the moment, everybody seems to be testing each other as to just how far they'll go.

Threats to shoot down passenger aircraft was probably the most stupid one I've read about recently. As if any country would get away with shooting down a civilian aircraft without there being a massive backlash from the rest of the world, let alone the country who's plane it was.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
They're all stupid.

I keep trying to add to that thought, but I'm drawing a blank. I think that sums up exactly how I feel about this entire situation, and all the players involved. A wise man once said "with great power comes great responsibility". Obviously, these children running the world right now could take a lesson from Uncle Ben.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
blaablaablaa. This has been going on for decades, it's normal procedure to issue a warning by radio and to scramble your own fighters to intercept any aircraft that looks to be entering your airspace without authorisation. This happens on a weekly basis all over the world.

Nothing to worry about, you can go back to sleep and not worry that the world won't be there when you wake up.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This is not a good incident. That warning by the Chinese navy is tantamount to a threat of war. Now that a huge aircraft carrier is designated to watch the peace in the South China Sea and West Philippine Sea, maybe the Chinese will be intimidated and lessen their bullying of small nations like Vietnam and the Philippines.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
blaablaablaa. This has been going on for decades, it's normal procedure to issue a warning by radio and to scramble your own fighters to intercept any aircraft that looks to be entering your airspace without authorisation. This happens on a weekly basis all over the world.

Nothing to worry about, you can go back to sleep and not worry that the world won't be there when you wake up.
I don't think I like the way that sounds. The blaablaablaa made it sound like you weren't actually trying to be helpful. And yes, these things do happen everyday. But every once in a while someone will start to feel froggy and then they'll jump. Wars have started for a lot less.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
I don't think I like the way that sounds. The blaablaablaa made it sound like you weren't actually trying to be helpful. And yes, these things do happen everyday. But every once in a while someone will start to feel froggy and then they'll jump. Wars have started for a lot less.

Helpfull? What do you mean by that... the whole blaablaablaa was just to show that I've heard this a million times before, as we both states this happens pretty much DAILY all over the world. It's NOTHING to worry about.

These are quite probably the two most powerful countries in the world.. with their economies being pretty much dependent on each other. I kinda doubt that a quick radio chat between a Chinese air control tower and a US military aircraft will spark a war....

Bunni

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
The conflict over the South China Sea has definitely complicated relations. I think that China's recent military expansion is giving it a lot of leeway when it comes to negotiations. Despite all of that, China's recent stock market crash has weakened its economic power, but we'll see how those two relate.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is nothing really new. I mean the Russians are doing the same sort of thing when they send their Bear bombers to the borders of NATO airspace. I see it as USA doing the same with China.

I gotta admit I did find the message from the Chinese navy funny, "Please go away quickly"!