China's warships more than US by 2020: Report | World Defense

China's warships more than US by 2020: Report

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
A report by a US congressional commission on China has predicted that the Chinese military will have more warships than the United States by 2020.

The number of China’s military vessels would reach about 351 within six years, The Washington Post reported.

The US-China Economic and Security Review Commission gave the annual report to Congress.

The US Navy now has 289 deployable battle force ships.

The commission also demanded Congress to increase its Pacific fleet up to 67 ships.

According to the commission, Chinese military spending is $131 billion this year, almost 12.2 percent greater than last year.

The US Navy is concerned about China’s military plans.

Last year, the US Department of Defense said in a report to Congress that China will “likely build multiple aircraft carriers over the next decade. The first Chinese-built carrier will likely be operational sometime in the second half of this decade.”

The US military has for several years expressed concern that Washington might be losing its military superiority in areas such as fighter jets, missile systems and cyber warfare in the coming years.

China is also concerned about US militarism in the Asia-Pacific region.

Beijing is considering the Pentagon’s focus to “pivot” increased US military presence in the Pacific as a strategy to counter China’s increasing global influence.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
China is moving fast in term of economy and military and soon will surpass the US in all fields. I hope both country keep calm and cooperate to gather for a peaceful world.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
A report by a US congressional commission on China has predicted that the Chinese military will have more warships than the United States by 2020.

The number of China’s military vessels would reach about 351 within six years, The Washington Post reported.

The US-China Economic and Security Review Commission gave the annual report to Congress.

The US Navy now has 289 deployable battle force ships.

The commission also demanded Congress to increase its Pacific fleet up to 67 ships.

According to the commission, Chinese military spending is $131 billion this year, almost 12.2 percent greater than last year.

The US Navy is concerned about China’s military plans.

Last year, the US Department of Defense said in a report to Congress that China will “likely build multiple aircraft carriers over the next decade. The first Chinese-built carrier will likely be operational sometime in the second half of this decade.”

The US military has for several years expressed concern that Washington might be losing its military superiority in areas such as fighter jets, missile systems and cyber warfare in the coming years.

China is also concerned about US militarism in the Asia-Pacific region.

Beijing is considering the Pentagon’s focus to “pivot” increased US military presence in the Pacific as a strategy to counter China’s increasing global influence.
This is not surprising, China is becoming a major superpower and the US better not sever any ties with this country. I don't think they will because China makes a lot of money for the US, it's a give and take kind of relationship, I assume.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
China is a sleeping giant, they don't mess with anyone if we don't mess with them as well. In fact they have almost 1/6 of the world population and the capacity to win any war or at least to make serious damages, even against the US.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You know, China can grow their military warships thrice, tenfold for all I care. What I know for sure is that they can only rely on "quantity" as they are apt to ignore quality and forget the efficient use of strategy. Sun Tzu might back them up but their dependence on quantity will boomerang on them and give them a taste of their own medicine. They sure are underestimating the enemy by relying too much on numbers.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
And while the attention is focussed on China, nobody is noticing how Japan is gearing up for war. I remember reading an article which explained how Japan can re-tool its shipyards and automobile factories to produce warships and tanks in just a very short time.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
And while the attention is focussed on China, nobody is noticing how Japan is gearing up for war. I remember reading an article which explained how Japan can re-tool its shipyards and automobile factories to produce warships and tanks in just a very short time.

Japan is doing this because it is wary of China's growing military strength and territorial ambitions, like every other country in the region.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
China is moving fast in term of economy and military and soon will surpass the US in all fields. I hope both country keep calm and cooperate to gather for a peaceful world.

I hope they both realize that war is not the answer. And instead of spending so much money on these equipment and battling with other countries, I wish they just spend to end world hunger and give more help to the needy. This is what we need and the world is sick of wars.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

China will not surpass US in any field. China knows what will happen if it challenges US interests in region. China and US will not confront each other, rather they will both continue to kill Muslims. At home and around globe. Only people with courage to stand up to superpower are Arabs. Arabs are changing for the better. And they will be ones who are able to end all aggression.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Wow. It's concerning that they will overpower us all together, but even more concerning that they will totally dwarf the fleet that we have in the pacific. I'm concerned that we don't guard all of our borders equally. I'm sure they have some hogwash reason for this. I still don't see US and China going to war. It will not benefit China to attack us when we owe them so much money.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It it's China, they rely on quantity and not quality. They are probally cheaply made and will fall apart easily against the United States.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is not surprising, China is becoming a major superpower and the US better not sever any ties with this country. I don't think they will because China makes a lot of money for the US, it's a give and take kind of relationship, I assume.

There is no give and take, China gives nothing to anyone. China is in illegal territorial disputed with over 14 countries. they completely ignored a UN acquisition saying basically they did not have to defend their actions to UN or anyone else. When countries try and negotiate for peaceful resolutions China pulls their Sovereignty card and plays that as if they own the world. The world does not need china, China helps no one but themselves. They are not a country who cares about anyone or anything else just china. If you challenge them they steal something of yours whether it is thru brute bully force like they do their neighbors, or thru hacking like they do to America and European countries. They have stolen countless tons of Gold, Silver, Copper and other minerals from smaller countries. These are not spoils of war either this is a full out act of theft and smuggling. They prey on the weak and hack the strong. They are shooting for world domination where they will expect every country and its people to bow to them and do as they say.

Good luck with that Chinese.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
China is preparing, it seems, for something great. They are buying up fleets, artillery, and doing all sorts of military training. They are a power house like America and is something to reckon with! Since we are in debt to China, I don't think that America is in their radars unless they are coming to repossess what we owe them in lands and or business.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
There is no give and take, China gives nothing to anyone. China is in illegal territorial disputed with over 14 countries. they completely ignored a UN acquisition saying basically they did not have to defend their actions to UN or anyone else. When countries try and negotiate for peaceful resolutions China pulls their Sovereignty card and plays that as if they own the world. The world does not need china, China helps no one but themselves. They are not a country who cares about anyone or anything else just china. If you challenge them they steal something of yours whether it is thru brute bully force like they do their neighbors, or thru hacking like they do to America and European countries. They have stolen countless tons of Gold, Silver, Copper and other minerals from smaller countries. These are not spoils of war either this is a full out act of theft and smuggling. They prey on the weak and hack the strong. They are shooting for world domination where they will expect every country and its people to bow to them and do as they say.

Good luck with that Chinese.
I agree, China has a superiority complex. American government, however, continues to do business with China even though China is only concerned about their welfare. America's many financial issues in the past has steamed from doing business with China and China neglecting to play fare game. Here in America, we can sometimes get blinded by the many luxuries we have and forget that somewhere around the world, we are being resented for those same luxuries we hold dear to our hearts.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Wow. It's concerning that they will overpower us all together, but even more concerning that they will totally dwarf the fleet that we have in the pacific. I'm concerned that we don't guard all of our borders equally. I'm sure they have some hogwash reason for this. I still don't see US and China going to war. It will not benefit China to attack us when we owe them so much money.
True, we owe China so much, I'm surprised that they haven't arrived on our shores in war ships and with armed forces. Obviously, the American government is securing the borders somewhat well enough cause I'm sure at least a couple of people from the China government has presented the idea of raiding our borders with troops. On the other hand, America is good at defeating the opposition and China knows this, messing with America would issue dangerous repercussions for China.