christians attack muslims during prayer. | World Defense

christians attack muslims during prayer.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Violent Christian mob attack Muslims doing Eid prayer in Indonesia's Papua | loonwatch.com

Violent Christian mob attack Muslims doing Eid prayer in Indonesia’s Papua
By Emperor on July 19, 2015 in Loon Violence, Loon-at-large

What if they were Muslims? (h/t: rookie)

Global Post

JAKARTA, July 17 (Xinhua) — A violent mob from a Christian congregation dismissed a Muslim rite of Eid prayer in Tolikara regency in Indonesia’s easternmost province of Papua on Friday morning, arson a mosque and set ablaze public houses and kiosks.

The violence that was carried out by violent mob from Indonesian Bible Church (GIDI) congregation dispersed the Muslims who were in the middle of the prayer, forced them to seek refuge to a military compound to avoid violent act from the mob.

Papua Police headquarters Spokesperson Rudolf Patrice Renwarin said that the violence occurred at 7:00 a.m. local time.

“The mob repeatedly shouted out to forbid the conduction of the Eid prayer in Tolikara,” he was quoted by a local media as saying.

He added that it made the Muslims stopped their prayer and sought refuge to the military compound located nearby the scene.

However, an hour later, the violent mob comprised of hundreds of people started to hurl stones to a mosque and eventually set fires on it along with eleven kiosks and six public houses in the location.

The violent mob finally dismissed themselves after police and military personnel made warning shots with their rifles into the air. Rudolf said that the situation in the regency was now under control.

He said that no one was hurt in the event, while losses from the arson were still being calculated at the moment.

Responding to the religious violence in Tolikara, Indonesian Vice President Jusuf Kalla regretted it, calling on Muslims and Christianity followers in other regions to restrain themselves.

“We truly regret the occurrence of such an incident. I believe that police and local administrators are capable to settle this problem well,” Jusuf said in his office here later in the day.

Citing to reports that he has received, Jusuf said that the violence was sparked by the loudness of sound enhancers operated by the two groups who conducted their respective events in locations that were considerably close to each other.

“It was incited by the sound enhancers. It probably needs a better communication measures to hold such events,” the vice president said.

Meanwhile, at a different occasion, Indonesian Police Chief General Badrodin Haiti said that police would not deploy more personnel to Papua in dealing with this issue.

“Each group was expected to make peace. If considered necessary, it can be conducted with the help of regional figures so as to reach mutual solution to settle this issue,” Badrodin said later in the day.

another source
Violent Christian mob attack Muslims doing Eid prayer in Indonesia's Papua | GlobalPost

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This is very surprising - Christians attacking Muslims. I can't believe that there are Christian who can do such a thing, it is very unChristian of them. For those who don't know, being Christian means loving people and fostering peace. Violence is anathema to Christianity. I am really sorry for those Muslims who were praying. But I understand there are some Christian sect that is actually a cult. Remember Jim Jones and the Guyana tragedy?

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
This is very surprising - Christians attacking Muslims. I can't believe that there are Christian who can do such a thing, it is very unChristian of them. For those who don't know, being Christian means loving people and fostering peace. Violence is anathema to Christianity. I am really sorry for those Muslims who were praying. But I understand there are some Christian sect that is actually a cult. Remember Jim Jones and the Guyana tragedy?
He's just one of many, too. Every religion is gong to have their extremists. Right now people are condemning all of Islam because of what some extremists are doing. Its the exact same thing... extremists making their religion look bad. I'm not Christian or Muslim, either one. When I look at what's happening it makes me so sad! You can't blame all of Islam for what some extremists have done. You can't blame all of Christianity because of what some extremists have done. But people have gotten way too comfortable with metaphorically throwing stones at innocent people, because of what someone else did.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I couldn't agree more. It's kind of like branding all Southerners as racists because some lone nut whackjob, who happened to own a Confederate flag, shot people. Pretty narrow-minded huh?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The problem here isn't religion as such, it's extremism. Rather than blaming each individual member of a religion for the misdeeds of one, lets's take a look at what we can do to alleviate the social problems which lead people down this path in the first place.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I know they are doing quite a bit of recruiting in the UK. Do you know what their tactics are? How are they convincing kids this is a good idea? Or even meeting the kids to begin with?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I'm aware, it all starts with social media groups which, whilst not blatantly ISIS, have a certain undertone. I suspect meetings then get privately arranged between organisers and members in an attempt to recruit. I suspect that pretty girls/boys are often used as "bait" too.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey

Ever heard of Srebrenica?
Or maybe black African Christians attacking Muslims?
Religious violence is or was everywhere,the more developed countries are mature enough to call it history but you know about the rest.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I know they are doing quite a bit of recruiting in the UK. Do you know what their tactics are? How are they convincing kids this is a good idea? Or even meeting the kids to begin with?

Like missbishi said, it starts with social media and then I suspect meetings take place over social media chats, the kid gets brainwashed with ISIS ideas and slowly gets urged that it's the right thing to do. The kids they are targeting are usually in poor social & monetary states and then the recruiter comes along and offers them a life of riches. Unfortunately, for these kids it's a no-brainer.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Like missbishi said, it starts with social media and then I suspect meetings take place over social media chats, the kid gets brainwashed with ISIS ideas and slowly gets urged that it's the right thing to do. The kids they are targeting are usually in poor social & monetary states and then the recruiter comes along and offers them a life of riches. Unfortunately, for these kids it's a no-brainer.

ISIS have their brigades that handle their promotional campaign in social media. Members of the brigade take pains and spend much time in skyping with potential recruits. That's the style they used in convincing the 3 college students in London to join their group in Syria. The brigade members are fully trained on the art of befriending people. They also employ a subtle approach so you fall into their trap. They don't do hard sell in promoting their ideology.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
You don't know your history. Adolf Hitler, the greatest mass murder of all time was a christian and hated the jews for killing jesus. The crusades saw christians killing thousands if not millions in Jerusalem. It doesn't matter what religion you are. Anyone will be able to find some weird sense of righteousness when it comes to their religion and to press them onto others.

You are right, I forgot history that Hitler even had the blessings of the Pope at the time. However, I am only speaking for myself when I said that killing is unChristian because that's the orientation I got from school. You see, I was in a Catholic school all my school life. So you mean to say that killings will go on and religion wouldn't matter? Hmm, maybe.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
You don't know your history. Adolf Hitler, the greatest mass murder of all time was a christian and hated the jews for killing jesus. The crusades saw christians killing thousands if not millions in Jerusalem. It doesn't matter what religion you are. Anyone will be able to find some weird sense of righteousness when it comes to their religion and to press them onto others.

Someone once said that all wars boil down to religion and they are right a lot of the time. I'm not saying that all religion is a bad thing, what is bad is the people who take their religion to a new extreme and punish others who don't follow what they do and essentially they are not following the origins of their faith at all, rather they are twisting it and interpreting it in their own way so as to justify their actions.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I'm old enough that the only people interested in recruiting me is probably AARP. But I have children, and the thought that they could start chatting with the wrong person freaks me out. I try to have an open and honest relationship with my children, but I just don't know how this conversation should go. Especially since I'm extremely opposed to racial profiling AT ALL.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm old enough that the only people interested in recruiting me is probably AARP. But I have children, and the thought that they could start chatting with the wrong person freaks me out. I try to have an open and honest relationship with my children, but I just don't know how this conversation should go. Especially since I'm extremely opposed to racial profiling AT ALL.

That AARP thing elicited laughter from my funny bone, hahahaaa. But seriously, it is a scary thought to imagine that someone would be befriending the children in your house with the intention of recruiting them to their rebellious organization. But we cannot prohibit the children from that chatting endeavor and the only thing that we AARPs could do is to provide guidance and reminders often.