Civil War In America | Page 2 | World Defense

Civil War In America

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Exactly what do the protestors want? Do they want to reform the whole policing system, the justice system or want more transparency? The point is people protest will no actual aims, they protest because they see things as unfair, but you know life is unfair at times. there are ways to resolve issues, but they need to have a plan of what can work and is reasonable. Besides this, in the US state laws vary so there will always be differences.

From what I know, they want the cops who killed Mike Brown, Eric Garner and all the others who suffered from the hands of the police be indicted. But it's basically the judicial system they are after now and it is going to be a long shot before they could just change the minds of the judges like that.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
From what I know, they want the cops who killed Mike Brown, Eric Garner and all the others who suffered from the hands of the police be indicted. But it's basically the judicial system they are after now and it is going to be a long shot before they could just change the minds of the judges like that.

Each state has it's own laws, so it depends on how each state is governed. I feel people have taken freedom of speech and civil liberties a bit too far when then don't accept the law of the land. Appeals and inquiries exist to keep the system in check, but can the masses do any better or be fair? Do they have any idea of precedents and why the law is how it is to protect people? They can't change the system, but they can appeal for reforms and for laws to be changed, that can only be done when a case arises otherwise people would bring all kinds of cases to court whenever they felt like it.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Each state has it's own laws, so it depends on how each state is governed. I feel people have taken freedom of speech and civil liberties a bit too far when then don't accept the law of the land. Appeals and inquiries exist to keep the system in check, but can the masses do any better or be fair? Do they have any idea of precedents and why the law is how it is to protect people? They can't change the system, but they can appeal for reforms and for laws to be changed, that can only be done when a case arises otherwise people would bring all kinds of cases to court whenever they felt like it.

I see, then this just makes it more complicated than I thought. Awareness should then be practiced by the citizens in each state.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
It's an extremely complicated situation if you ask me because we have now the case of the police not making arrests to prove the point that they are not the bad guys, so soon enough anyone can commit a crime and not be arrested...!

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, I read that in the news, so they want to challenge the legal system and tell it what to do? The justice system had decided and the officers have been cleared. Part of the law in society is to accept the decision or go to appeal. The appeal was denied and a jury which included blacks (Ferguson case) acquitted him.

The problem is this isn't the first time and it won't be the last. Both incidents involved victims that had criminal records and were stopped as suspects. I agree the chokehold was illegal, but they are addressing that, but what is excessive force? Yes it does happen and police officers also get killed in the line of duty. Split second decisions cannot be rationalized by the general public and whatever safeguards there are in place can slip. Ultimately people should not turn to a life of crime and they stand less chance of being stopped.

I agree. Now, these are the same people who bash the police officers for not using any means necessary when I really bad criminals gets away with a really bad crime, or get further into a crime than we would have liked and nice people die. You can't have it both ways.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
With the protest still ongoing against cops, do you think that a civil war is about to take place? Or will the protest and issue will just die down eventually. I remember the whole Occupy protests about 2 years ago. That was intense back then, but then it just went to nothing.
I don't think that it's actually a "Civil War". It's more of a sort of protest that just so happened to bounce from one state to the next. With America being in the Social media age (along with the rest of the world), many people are equipped to gain information quickly over a short period of time from many sectors of the world. For this reason, we find that we share some of the same interests as others who have been treated unjustly whether it's police brutality or finding hair in our fast food order from some large restaurant chain. Eventually, however, I beilieve the fuss will just die down and our attention will be aimed somewhere else.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
As long as most of America is full and entertained, there won't be a civil war. People care more about Kim Kardashian than the protests.
That's so true, It's so sad though. Reality T.V gets more play than the "real" news. It's like our generation is blind to what really matters the most. What if Civil War actually happened? let's just say, a young adult had to kill their own chicken and cook it, Do you think they'd know how? I don't think so, cause that's not Jay-Z sipping a cup of tea on Rodeo drive. So sad!

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I think that yes it's an issue, but I really don't think that a second civil war is in the United State's future. I don't think it's that extreme, and I don't think that the entire country is going to just jump into another civil war like that due to something like that. Yeah the protests are going to continue and it might not die down for a while, but I don't think US citizens are dumb enough to start a full on war because of it!

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
If we look at the situation closely, most countries are on the edge of a civil war, and we if were not stunned by sports and entertainment (tv and movies mostly) we would be awakened to the sad reality that we live in a really strange world...

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think that a civil war in America is about to take place, because first, it's America. It wouldn't come to such name and power associated to it, if at first, its people are not in unity. Thorough the years, they have proven themselves to be of great power and its because its people agree with one another, they may not be all, but majority of them, enough to drive the country forward and gain more power.

RobertNick

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Romania
It's more about racism than the issue of police brutality, though they're both valid causes. A civil war is unlikely tho, let's not forget the many other racial riots that just came and went.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
With the protest still ongoing against cops, do you think that a civil war is about to take place? Or will the protest and issue will just die down eventually. I remember the whole Occupy protests about 2 years ago. That was intense back then, but then it just went to nothing.
I think it is very much a possibility of a civil war. I also think the media is purposely causing all this confusion. These cases go on all the time without the news coverage, so I think there is a hidden agenda behind the drama.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt it will happen, because even the first Civil War shouldn't have happened if the Framers sorted out slavery at the beginning. Just suppose there was, what would the sides be? Not North and South or East or West because people are so mobile these days, they commute across states to work.

The financial implications would ruin many companies and they would protest against a war! There will be more protests, but at the same time, law enforcement will be more wary of any public backlash.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
There is a strong chance of civil war happening here again. The only thing that is really holding people back from it is the fact that we still strongly remember the first civil war and no one wants to go through that again. However, if it does happen again it will not be pretty. As you said, it would not be East and West or North and South or any simple division. The war would be in the streets of ever city and town between neighbors or civilians against government (military, police, etc..). Many States have already made their stand well known, that if things do not improve or are corrected within the Federal Government, they will sue for succession from the Union which they do have the Constitutional right to do so. There is also a secondary type of civil war that would not involve bloodshed, legal civil war. Lawsuits against the governmental system because of the violations against our Constitution they have been committing. There are "forgivable" crimes, and there are "unforgivable" crimes that the government has been committing against the Constitution. Sooner or later, people will rally and demand that the Federal Government answer to them.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I doubt it will happen, because even the first Civil War shouldn't have happened if the Framers sorted out slavery at the beginning. Just suppose there was, what would the sides be? Not North and South or East or West because people are so mobile these days, they commute across states to work.

The financial implications would ruin many companies and they would protest against a war! There will be more protests, but at the same time, law enforcement will be more wary of any public backlash.

I agree. American citizens are forced to learn all about the Civil War and how many casualties it took over a century ago. I honestly doubt any United States citizen would want to go through something like that again. And even if part of the country did, I don't think that the entire country would jump on board. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that another American Civil War would come about due to something like this.