Civil War In America | Page 3 | World Defense

Civil War In America

fire421

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think it will ever turn into a Civil War but I have been wrong before.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
My boyfriend keeps screaming that we are about to go into a civil because of everything that is going on.... and we might. All I know is that if things do not change soon, a lot of upset people are going to do a lot of upset things. That is why I live in the middle of nowhere... I don't have to worry TOO much about it showing up at my door. I just want to live in peace. I will do my civil war online where there is no bloodshed, just a lot of debt. LOL

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There has always been tension between the states and the Federal Government and the Constitution gives the states power, but when they are not using laws to protect the citizens then the Federal Government must step in which is what happened in the South when states banned free speech on slavery.

I think it would be a backwards concept, families would be torn apart, companies will businesses across the states would lose out. These days because people are traveling across state lines and move freely, it will become more of a state issue so people will flock to the state with the best laws.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I don't think that a civil war in America is about to take place, because first, it's America. It wouldn't come to such name and power associated to it, if at first, its people are not in unity. Thorough the years, they have proven themselves to be of great power and its because its people agree with one another, they may not be all, but majority of them, enough to drive the country forward and gain more power.

I agree with this 003, luckily we are still away from civil war, but social convulsion is a fact and that is the first step, the symptoms are there and the society is sick, so steps towards a cure need to be taken.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I do not think the citizens against a local or even a federal law enforcement agency would be enough to invoke a full out civil war. But a government who imposes on the constitutional rights our forefathers gave us, now things like that could very well escalate into a civil war. USA was founded on principles our government has forgotten, Principles that stood for the people, and was founded by treasonists and rebels. And slowly our Government is reverting right back to what our forefathers came to America to avoid. A government that was to powerful and did not have the peoples best interests in mind. What the leaders do not understand is our constitution actually protects us and defends us to allow us to take up arms against our government when they overstep their boundaries, and the military is obligated to defend constitution and the people more so than the "Government"

Perhaps a civil war sounds exaggerated and it doesn't seem like it is going to happen now that the issue is dying down. It looks like the protesters are giving up now anyway.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think civil unrest will happen like in Ferguson but it has turned bad to looting and thinking the boy who was killed was a hero and some have thought it was a race thing. I think more will happen and will lead to riots and no one thinking about mercy and will attack any who get in the way and fight them or die doing it. The government needs to bring order and talk to the people otherwise more of these things will happen and protests will grow violent in coming time.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
The Occupy protests were pennies in a cup compared to the violence that is being shown during these protests. As long as we have public figures inciting violence on television, it will continue. Now, as far as a Civil War, it's not even close. Remember, we've had large civil rights marches in many cities and sweeping social changes occur every few decades without it being a civil war. Now, it may become a public safety issue in some cities and the National Guard will be called out. However, that is their job.

I'm agree with the Peach on this one (I hope it's ok I call you that!) We are no where near a Civil War in this country. We have police actions that get escalated between parties but nothing to the extent where we will have Army vs. Army against each other.

The issue in Ferguson and the protests going on around the country are all acts of wanting Social Change - this mirrors many of the events in the 1960s - Birmingham, Selma (I hear it's a great movie), Little Rock where you had African American fighting for Civil Rights. We still have issues with Civil Rights to this day and will probably continue for generations to come because there will always be people of the mentality of "I'm better than you."

If this forum is around in 20 years we will have this same conversation about a protest for a particular group advocating for some civil right.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I don't think this is going to end any time soon. The shooting incidents are not isolated cases. They are common place occurrences. True, there are good cops. But what is the general attitude towards the black people? This is something ingrained in society. The blacks feel marginalized. They feel that they won't get justice. The change must come from authorities first.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You know, there has to be a more deep-seated reason than what you just mentioned before a civil war erupts. For instance, the civil wars in America, as some commenters may have already mentioned, had something to do with slavery and women's voting rights. A citizenry displeased with cops will not eventually lead to a civil war. It's not a good enough reason.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I am not hoping that a civil war will break out in the US but I cannot just dismiss what's happening as isolated incidents. There is a deep-seated divide in the US between the blacks and the whites. There is no doubt that it exists. And not enough has been done to close this divide.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think this is going to end any time soon. The shooting incidents are not isolated cases. They are common place occurrences. True, there are good cops. But what is the general attitude towards the black people? This is something ingrained in society. The blacks feel marginalized. They feel that they won't get justice. The change must come from authorities first.
The "Blacks" as you call them, who feel they wont get justice from the authorities are usually the ones committing crimes. I know a lot of African Americans who are very upstanding intelligent citizens who have never committed a crime their whole life, They are neither afraid of the Police nor do they fear if something happened that justice would not be served because they as the plaintiff are black. Heck i even know African American attorneys. Most of the actual racism in USA resides in the African American population. they have more rights than the Caucasians and don't even realize it. The African Americans who complain about justice and being scared of the law usually are the ones with a crack pipe in their pocket a roll of 100 dollar bills, pants down to their knees, huge gold chains around their necks, and a bag of cocaine in their hand. then when they evade the police and finally get caught some idiot has a camera that catches the last 15 second of the apprehension but missed where he crashed into 3 cruisers a mile back, stabbed 2 cops while trying to get away and pulled a gun on the last 2 that tried to take him down. Once hes on the ground and they are using the force needed to apprehend a criminal of that stature then the video camera begins rolling. There are bad cops, but over exaggerating situations, getting the good cops in trouble doesn't help keep the bad cops off the street.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The "Blacks" as you call them

Well, what should I called them? Should I call them "coloured"? That doesn't sound any better than "black". It's interesting how you characterize the blacks as the ones who commit the most crimes. It's almost like saying that they are genetically inclined to crime. I am sure that cannot be true. Perhaps we should look into the reasons behind the number of blacks being put in prison. Is it really because more blacks are committing crimes, or is it that the police are most likely to arrest a black person?

skipper

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I can't see this turning into a civil war. Civil unrest, maybe, but you're looking at events to not only get dire before people take action, but for people to feel events are dire. Nobody is going to go to war over racial injustice - real or perceived - these days unless and until they feel personally like they are out of options. And I mean all options. I'm not talking philosophically out of options - I mean they have no home, no food, no job, etc. These are things people go to war for.

You need people with absolutely nothing to lose to start something so big. You may get a few, but a few isn't enough to start a war. At the first sight of major unrest, you'll see pushback from the media/people and it'll get quashed before it turns into something real.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
You know, there has to be a more deep-seated reason than what you just mentioned before a civil war erupts. For instance, the civil wars in America, as some commenters may have already mentioned, had something to do with slavery and women's voting rights. A citizenry displeased with cops will not eventually lead to a civil war. It's not a good enough reason.

There is the discontent between the citizens, states, and federal governments. Already several states have proclaimed the possibility of succession from the Union because of the issues with our current President and the lack of a proper governmental system because of congress. That could lead to a civil war if not corrected. One of the reasons that we went into a civil war before was NOT because of Slavery as many have been taught.... it was because of separation. The Southern states were dissatisfied with the decision of the federal government to end slavery. So they sued for succession from the union. The federal government denied them their legal right to succeed from the union. That is when the civil war started. Yes slavery was the precursor of the war, but it was the attempt of the southern states to succeed from the union and Lincoln refusing to allow them that the war ensued.

I am not hoping that a civil war will break out in the US but I cannot just dismiss what's happening as isolated incidents. There is a deep-seated divide in the US between the blacks and the whites. There is no doubt that it exists. And not enough has been done to close this divide.

You are absolutely right. There is still a very wide divide that has never been corrected. The black community is filled with hatred towards whites and the white community still carries fear and resentment towards the blacks. Until they both get past that and accept that the past is the past, there can be no mending.

Most of the actual racism in USA resides in the African American population. they have more rights than the Caucasians and don't even realize it.

Yes there is a lot of racism in the black community. As I stated before, they carry a lot of resentment towards the white community because of the past and they feel that it is the white community that holds them back. They don't seem to realize that it is themselves that is holding them back.

PS to everyone.... a larger portion of them prefer the term "Black American" over "African American" because they do not feel that they have any ties to Africa. Their families have been here since the beginning and they feel that they are no longer associated with Africa, just as there are Causian American and not British American, they prefer Black American. Only those from Africa or those who hold to their ancestry in Africa prefer the term "African American".

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think that anyone in the United States wants this to turn into a civil war, nor do I think that it's this extreme for a civil war to be started over something like this. A civil war is just a bit much of a stretch in my opinion. There aren't enough citizens who are so deeply involved in the issue for it to turn into something that big! I understand that there are a lot of upset people all over the country that are outraged about what happened, but I don't think there's enough people for a legitimate war to start because of it! I think that it's going to stick to protests for a while and then the news about it is all going to die down for a while until some sort of other huge event happens that turns into more protests throughout the country and we'll just keep going through that cycle.