Coalition: 20 air strikes last Friday | World Defense

Coalition: 20 air strikes last Friday

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
U.S.-led coalition planes did 20 air strikes last Friday. These air strikes were targeted to ISIS, both in Iraq & Syria according to the U.S. military Sunday.

At Sinjar, Northwest of Iraq, they destroyed fighting positions, weapon caches, mortar positions and machine guns, they said. On Ramadi, they targeted weapon caches, explosive borns, another round of machine guns and fighting positions.

5 air strikes was done over Syria, while 15 was done over Iraq. Is U.S. trying to protect more Iraq from ISIS because they're still there? Or maybe it's not to fight too much Russia strategy? Or ISIS is more on Iraq positions than on Syria, maybe.

Source: Coalition carries out 20 air strikes in Iraq, Syria - U.S. military| Reuters

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Neither US nor Russia want to take out ISIS. Both want to prolong the conflict for their own national interests.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Neither US nor Russia want to take out ISIS. Both want to prolong the conflict for their own national interests.
Uh, I'm really doubtful about that affirmation. I do think Russia doesn't care a lot about ISIS, but after all if they threaten today Iraq, they can threaten Kazakhstan tomorrow and we all know that if Russians want to still have some way to launch things in the space, they need Kazakhstan. And they need it because it's a position in the Middle East.

Now, I think U.S. cares more about destroying ISIS because they're more against U.S. and saying a lot of bad things about U.S. in general, than they do about Russia. Every person thinking U.S. is the country to destroy is a potential threat that may result in something bad for U.S.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
I agree with you. I think Russia only cares about helping it's Syrian allies. I think America cares about stopping ISIS, but I also we're handling it the wrong way. Training rebels to fight ISIS and airstrikes are definitely not going to get the job done. Whoever came up with that strategy is just not smart. For one thing training rebels to fight has already been done before which resulted in the Taliban. It seems like we never learn from our mistakes and the people making these decisions have no clue what they're doing. I do understand that the American people don't want to be involved in another war, especially in the Middle East. However if you're going to do something you may as well do it right.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Nucelar Iran is more dangerous to the US than ISIS some people say. Why has the US not taken a military action against it? Questions I get all the time.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I don't know what to think but sometimes the thought of an accidental encounter crosses my mind. What if the US strikes had hit the Russian troops that are in Syria? Would the Russians retaliate? Naturally they would but in what manner? I think it is about time that Russia and the US sit down once and for all to thresh out things and be in consonance with one another's military strategy. If they will put up an attack together, ISIS will be annihilated in just one day.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Nucelar Iran is more dangerous to the US than ISIS some people say. Why has the US not taken a military action against it? Questions I get all the time.

Even if Iran achieves nuclear threshold 'status', it can't threaten US interests in the region. Russia which is strongest nuclear power in world or on par with US can barely threaten US interests in the region. Iran won't suddenly find a reason to use its economic assets everywhere in the ME to suit itself because it simply may have no reason to invest somewhere it gets no return or gain from. They will likely continue on same policy we see today in certain Arab nations and same policy against KSA but no more than that. Even if their economy improves the money will go to corruption, there won't be raise for its allies. Iran is not as professional as it makes itself out to be, their army/IRGC is not really intended to have purpose of any other general army. They are intended just to support allies outside of Iran. So either way, Iran won't be dangerous to the US. Actually it benefits US to have a semi-strong Iran. ISIS on other hand, has a policy that would threaten US interests. Because:

1. Doesn't want relations with it
2. Wants an end to US sponsored regime in Iraq
3. Wants to topple Assad regime which will mean Iran ability to project power/inflluence will end, hence Sunni Islamists will gain strength. This is the last thing West wants.
4. ISIS doesn't one any secular system and won't become a 'give and take' pawn to any foreign nation. So nobody can change their mind when it comes to toppling regimes/implementing their view of Islamic bloc in the region.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I don't know what to think but sometimes the thought of an accidental encounter crosses my mind. What if the US strikes had hit the Russian troops that are in Syria? Would the Russians retaliate? Naturally they would but in what manner? I think it is about time that Russia and the US sit down once and for all to thresh out things and be in consonance with one another's military strategy. If they will put up an attack together, ISIS will be annihilated in just one day.

There won't ever be any sort of 'accidental encounter'. Russian troops are stationed very far from where US is striking. And US is not striking Assad/pro-Assad forces. Therefore it's not possible for Russian troops to be targeted. Even if that happens, nothing will come out of it.

As far as ISIS goes, they can't do anything in one day. If they want to end ISIS they have to explicitly support Assad and Iraqi regime and invade from their territories which will upset Sunni Arab world and cause much more instability across the region. And the attack won't succeed.