Colombia's Indumil is looking for partners on ATGMs | World Defense

Colombia's Indumil is looking for partners on ATGMs

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Colombia opened a tender during LAAD 2019 in Brazil to enhance their production capabilities. Brazil is pitching the Mectron MSS 1.2 ATGM, France is pitching the MBDA MPP, Sweden's SAAB with the BILL 2 and Israel's Rafael with the SPIKE Missile

in the same contender Colombia is also eyeing 70mm missile production because they are ordering the Brazilian ASTROS MRL system. Indumil will also gain production of these as well. contenders are:
- Avibras FOG-MPM (Brazil)
- Thales FZ275 (Franco-Belgian)
in my opinion, I see Brazil winning both these competitions considering Colombia said they want to push for stronger defence cooperation with Brazil.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
I would not throw Israel's offers completely off the table yet. The Israelis have a bad habit of bribing officials/countries in order to win a bid. They done it in multiple countries including India and Azerbaijan
however I do agree with you about Colombia-Brazil increasing defence cooperation since of what is going on Venezuela and the fact Brazil needs money currently. If I remember right a year or two ago, Avibras was actually almost bankrupted that's why they made those last attempt sales to Indonesia, Malaysia and a few others.