Commemorating September 6, 1965 | World Defense

Commemorating September 6, 1965

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
September 6th every year is commemorated as Pakistan's defense day by Pakistanis all across the globe. It was on that day Pakistani forces and Pakistani people combined thwarted an attack on their sovereignty by an enemy 7 times huge in every aspect. A third neutral party may conclude that the result of that short fought war was a stalemate, but for all Pakistanis it remains a day of valor and remembrance how they stood steadfast in face of aggression. The enemy also got the hard reminder that we are not a tidbit that they assumed they would easily sallow. The whole episode holds many untold tales of valor and remembering specifically one would be an injustice. I remember that day as day of our resolve and unity. The true reflection of Unity Faith Discipline.

This year's September 6th is holds special significance for Pakistanis, we need to remember what led to September 6th. To all my compatriots

@aliraza @AliYusuf @Cent4 @Dubious

@Mangus Ortus Novem @Mastankhan

@Mingle @maxpane @PakSword @Shazam @TsAr and any other Pakistani member

The hour has come again to prove our resolve and strive our max against oppression and aggression, in our domains. Let the unity rein our ranks and ALLAH's nusrat will follow. Insha ALLAH

And to our allies and brothers

@Khafee @Scorpion @Lieutenant @Zhengzhou thank you for your continued support.

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
we have to work hard in our fields and prove that we are second to none but there area many problems which create hurdles like police , taxation etc if they try to work in their domain and cooperate then i believe we will be stronger in economy as well as military. Government should make policies for institutions and we should work in our fields and let the world known who we are

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
... we need to remember what led to September 6th
The unresolved and unfinished agenda of the partition of the sub-continent in 1947: "Kashmir".

The intentions were honorable for the operation Gibraltar 1965.
But we failed to think through the exit strategy and prepare accordingly before jumping in to action i.e. failure to cater for all possibilities of Indian retaliation when we were to execute such a plan.

Also the Commanding Officer who was wining it in Kashmir, was inexplicably replaced by someone less capable just before victory could be attained, by Ayub Khan.

This resulted in loss of momentum in our thrust inside the Kashmir Valley. The Akhnoor turkey neck would have been cut by PA otherwise. But India, seeing the inadequacy of it's forces facing PA in Kashmir, made a massive attack over the International Border along Punjab near Lahore and Sialkot to have pressure diverted from Kashmir.

Such a move should have been anticipated by the planners of the Operation Gibraltar. We should not have been caught under prepared, as we were in 1965, and not lost valiant heroes like Major Aziz Bhatti.

But after that, we managed to salvage an honorable stalemate against an enemy many times our size. Inflicted heavy casualty on the enemy.

We repeated, same sort of thinking, in Kargil.

In both cases we needed to have been better prepared for the aftermath.

Moral of the story ... comprehensive planning and preparation with multiple contingency back-up options before taking actual action is paramount. Let's make a solid resolution to not go half baked and half cocked this time.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
The unresolved and unfinished agenda of the partition of the sub-continent in 1947: "Kashmir".

The intentions were honorable for the operation Gibraltar 1965.
But we failed to think through the exit strategy and prepare accordingly before jumping in to action i.e. failure to cater for all possibilities of Indian retaliation when we were to execute such a plan.

Also the Commanding Officer who was wining it in Kashmir, was inexplicably replaced by someone less capable just before victory could be attained, by Ayub Khan.

This resulted in loss of momentum in our thrust inside the Kashmir Valley. The Akhnoor turkey neck would have been cut by PA otherwise. But India, seeing the inadequacy of it's forces facing PA in Kashmir, made a massive attack over the International Border along Punjab near Lahore and Sialkot to have pressure diverted from Kashmir.

Such a move should have been anticipated by the planners of the Operation Gibraltar. We should not have been caught under prepared, as we were in 1965, and not lost valiant heroes like Major Aziz Bhatti.

But after that, we managed to salvage an honorable stalemate against an enemy many times our size. Inflicted heavy casualty on the enemy.

We repeated, same sort of thinking, in Kargil.

In both cases we needed to have been better prepared for the aftermath.

Moral of the story ... comprehensive planning and preparation with multiple contingency back-up options before taking actual action is paramount. Let's make a solid resolution to not go half baked and half cocked this time.

There was another key factor which we ignored, I would purposefully ignore that as its no use digging the past. I suffice by saying that .... they weren't ready back then, they didn't realise the cost of remaining under the occupation, so the support from inside was missing. Their current generation may have learnt it the hard way, now they appear ready and willing to take the charge.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
There was another key factor which we ignored, I would purposefully ignore that as its no use digging the past. I suffice by saying that .... they weren't ready back then, they didn't realise the cost of remaining under the occupation, so the support from inside was missing. Their current generation may have learnt it the hard way, now they appear ready and willing to take the charge.
Precisely. They did the same thing in the 90s, when the opportunity was ripe to make an international issue of it ... with a little support from the locals ... but alas they were lukewarm in their support to our efforts for their cause.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Precisely. They did the same thing in the 90s, when the opportunity was ripe to make an international issue of it ... with a little support from the locals ... but alas they were lukewarm in their support to our efforts for their cause.

I hope the state has revisited the strategy and they have a backup plan now. To put it in very selfish way ..... national interests are at stake, with or without them that region needs to be secured.

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
@I.R.A my very dear Pak,

Indeed, today is the day we became Paks once again. Before this Day was 1947-48.

They came to finish us off on this Day but we as Paks stood up as Nation and said NO! Once again we are standing at that point once again... We as Nation are saying NO once again... I hope this time we have learnt well and finish the job.

Becuase as you have put quite correctly in other threads... it is not about Our Land but about Ideals... now it is truly a Fight between Right and Wrong. It is about our existence as Idea. So this fight now has a deeper, different dimension.

I am grateful to Our Armed Forces who stood up and fought for us Paks.. till today!

To all Shaheeds, millions of partition, 1948, 1965, 1971, 1999, and 80+k of warr of terror on Pakistan... May Almighty raise your status even higher... your blood is the Life of Our Nation.

A new war has started... the Long War of 6 Days- 3 Nights and 3 Days.

Mangus