Congress: congress cannot be investigated... | World Defense

Congress: congress cannot be investigated...

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
... For insider trading. Congress passed a bill that says insider trading is bad, no matter who does it. Well,after a decision had been made regarding Medicare, before it was announced, congress called all of their good buddies telling them about the decision and advising they respond immediately before the news got out. Now, (this is my favorite), congress says to come after them would not allow the judiciary and legislative branches to remain separate. Congress has declared itself immune to any kind of prosecution.
No offense to anyone here , but the people who voted these congressmen into office... Really? Are you happy now? I hope you are, because obviously, congress isn't going to allow anyone else to be happy.
And all the people who voted for this congressional mess just because you didnt like Obama... Guess who looks like the bad guys, now. Obama looks like a freaking saint because of all the dumbs**t congress has pulled. Anyone who doesn't regret their decision to put these cavemen into office... Shame on you!!
Congress Tells Court That Congress Can&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];t Be Investigated for Insider Trading - The Intercept

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
Can't be investigated? What happened to all the comforting "If you have nothing to hide, then you don't mind being spied on/searched" thing they gave the Americans and then the world?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Do Americans realize how many of our Congressmen have been investigated for all sorts of criminal, or at least unethical activity, from tax evasion, to sending lewd pictures of themselves to women over the internet??? AND they vote their own raises...! It's time we started fresh in Congress! IMO, A majority of them are in somebody's pocket, whether it be big business, or Hollywood and other special interest groups.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Can't be investigated? What happened to all the comforting "If you have nothing to hide, then you don't mind being spied on/searched" thing they gave the Americans and then the world?

Ha, one rule for them, another for the rest of us!

Did you know that the collective noun for a group of baboons is a "congress". Seems very apt!

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
Ha, one rule for them, another for the rest of us!

Did you know that the collective noun for a group of baboons is a "congress". Seems very apt!

Obviously. People in power, really!
It's like -- I'm not from the US, but I expect it's the same there as where I come from. We have all those politicians that are making long statements about how we are too lenient about people getting social help and allocations, right? And they argue this to show that we should cut in most social programs.

And then they turn around and give themselves raises, bonuses, steal taxpayer money or use it "just to buy those 300$ lunches" when they argue that anybody should be able to live from 10$ a day.

And then they quit and get like, 30K at least as a departure gift.

deux poids deux mesures.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Oh? So they are above the law then, just because they make the laws? This is not right and they better either accept being accountable for their actions or expect to be voted out of office. I'm not going to reelect someone who doesn't want to obey the very laws they make.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think after Mitch Mcconell got re-elected it proved that people don't actually pay attention to anything going on around them. I've sat in kindergarten classes that was filled with a lot more maturity, accountability, and intelligence. I'm not exaggerating, either. I mean that whole heartedly.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It is sad, that these people think they are above the law and this will make them believe they can do anything and won' face any problems and the people will not react positvely to this. There must have been bribes involved as well and, favors so they would never get in trouble which would happen if any normal citizen did this sort of thing. So they are filling their pockets while the common citizen has struggles in day to day expenses and should be helping the people out if they have that much money.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Oh? So they are above the law then, just because they make the laws? This is not right and they better either accept being accountable for their actions or expect to be voted out of office. I'm not going to reelect someone who doesn't want to obey the very laws they make.

Of course it's one rule for them and another for the rest of us. It's been that way for a long time. If you look at the people in power that HAVE been investigated, they're certainly not dealt with the same way me or you would be...