Convicted Criminal Illegal Aliens Released | World Defense

Convicted Criminal Illegal Aliens Released

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
This is seriously upsetting to me. 166,000 convicted criminals who are also illegal aliens have been released. Many of these were convicted of violent crimes, and yet they are now out of prison. I know illegal immigration is a hot button issue, and there are many who come illegally who are not violent and don't commit crimes other than coming into the country without documents, but there are also many who come illegally who are not upstanding citizens, and these have been caught and convicted of their crimes, yet now they are released? How many of them will commit more crimes now? I can't recall the stats, but it's not very favorable.

Feds Release Convicted Criminal Illegals In US | American Action News

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It's bad enough when violent offenders who are citizens are released back onto the streets, but even worse, when those released are those who should not be here in the first place, because they've broken the law to do so. In coming across the border illegally, they have already shown a predilection for illegal behavior, and a disregard for our citizens and the sovereignty of our nation, and should be held for longer periods, not shorter. If we can't afford to house these criminals in our prisons, perhaps we should decrease our foreign aid, and use that money here at home, to increase the safety of Americans.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
What is the logic behind that release of criminals? And to think that some of them were convicted for violent crimes. Perhaps the US government is thinking of unburdening itself of excess baggage because criminals in prison entails an expense. With 166 mouths to feed, huh, no, that's 166,000 mouths. Get it? That's a lot of money so why not let Immigration take care of it? Deport those criminals and we save money.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I found that link to be very vague indeed on specifics, and then it froze my computer. It was also clearly a lobbying page with an anti-immigrant angle.

Did anyone manage to click through to the original source without freezing their computer? Because I am not taking those claims, whatever they are exactly, on face value. Immigrants released from where? With what kind of prior convictions in what country?

People heer seem to be assuming they were released from jail for those convctions and I am almost certain that has nothing to do with it. It is a mistake to take lobbyist's messages at face value or to make assumptions about what they mean.

Here is a slightly clearer description of the issue: CRUZ: How many criminal illegal aliens did the Obama Administration release? - Your Houston News: Opinion

Last edited:

bnleech

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Convicted illegal criminals should not be released in America. They should be sent back to their countries and border patrol should be strengthened to enforce that they don't come back. Illegal immigrants give other immigrants a bad name and then all of them get categorized together. This is unfair because the legal immigrants come here to make a better life for themselves and their families.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
This is seriously upsetting to me. 166,000 convicted criminals who are also illegal aliens have been released. Many of these were convicted of violent crimes, and yet they are now out of prison. I know illegal immigration is a hot button issue, and there are many who come illegally who are not violent and don't commit crimes other than coming into the country without documents, but there are also many who come illegally who are not upstanding citizens, and these have been caught and convicted of their crimes, yet now they are released? How many of them will commit more crimes now? I can't recall the stats, but it's not very favorable.

Feds Release Convicted Criminal Illegals In US | American Action News
I think this just illustrates the problems that illegals face in this country. Many who may have the best of intentions can not find work since they have no documentation of their legal status. They can't get back into their country of origin and often resort to commiting crimes. I think economic development on their side of the border makes the most sense, then maybe it won't be so attractive to come to the U.S> in the first place. That being said yes, it is upsetting that any violent criminal is released.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think it only illustrates that illegals are pretty much the same as everyone else. The majority had no convictions, the great majority of those with convictions were traffic offenses. I don't know about you but I have one of those on my record and they still gave me a green card. The 150 odd with a serious conviction are important and should have been deported. But it is not clear if they are released deliberately or a case of info not arriving quickly enough and a mistake being made.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Yes
I think it only illustrates that illegals are pretty much the same as everyone else. The majority had no convictions, the great majority of those with convictions were traffic offenses. I don't know about you but I have one of those on my record and they still gave me a green card. The 150 odd with a serious conviction are important and should have been deported. But it is not clear if they are released deliberately or a case of info not arriving quickly enough and a mistake being made.

Yes, I think it is true that most convictions "were traffic offenses." However, I am not party to what the offenses were. Just because they were desperate for a better life doesn't mean that they are criminals in other respects. I think painting everyone who is illegal with the same brush is something that is just destined to cause hard feelings and exacerbate anti American sentiment throughout the world.