Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Corona Virus Vaccines
30 March 2021
1617118959400.png

Please use this thread to discuss the various vaccines available for Corona Virus.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
As per info related vaccines in pakistan belong to china and Russia, dont know there names

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan to import Chinese Cansino vaccine in bulk to package 3m doses locally: Asad Umar

Pakistan will import Chinese Cansino Biologics Covid-19 vaccines in bulk to package three million doses locally, Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar said on Tuesday.

"We will be getting the bulk vaccine by mid-April from Cansino, from which 3 million doses can be made," Umar said on Twitter.

"The bulk vaccine received will be formulated, sterilised and packed in Pakistan. For this purpose special equipment has been procured and manpower is being trained," he said.

Meanwhile, the first batch of 60,000 doses of the vaccine is arriving today, he said.

Cansino's vaccine is one of the four approved by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (Drap), the other three being China's Sinopharm, Russia's Sputnik-V and the Oxford University-AstraZeneca vaccine.

The company had last month released the interim efficacy results of a multi-country trial, which included Pakistan, showing 65.7 per cent efficacy in preventing symptomatic coronavirus cases and a 90.98pc success rate in stopping severe infections.

In the Pakistani subset, the efficacy of the vaccine at preventing symptomatic cases was 74.8pc and 100pc at preventing severe disease.

Pakistan also expects to receive one million doses of Sinopharm vaccine in a couple of days.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan

Pakistan crosses grim mark of 50,000 active Covid-19 cases​

Country records 4,757 new coronavirus cases, 78 deaths in the last 24 hours

ISLAMABAD:
As the third Covid-19 wave continues to grip Pakistan, the daily active Covid-19 cases reached 50,397 in the last 24 hours.

According to the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), about 4,757 new coronavirus cases were recorded in 24 hours, taking the country's Covid-19 tally to 603,126.

Pakistan’s Covid-19 death toll climbed to 14,434 after 78 people succumbed to the deadly disease during the previous day.

Meanwhile, 2,848 patients recovered from the deadly disease in a day taking total recoveries to 603,126.

Out of the 14,434 total reported deaths, there had been about 4,497deaths in Sindh, 6,365 in Punjab, 2,342 in K-P, 568 in Islamabad.

About 207 deaths were reported in Balochistan, 103 deaths in G-B and 352 in AJK.

The NCOC also reported that a total of 10,197,032 tests had been conducted since the outbreak of the virus. There more than 600 hospitals with Covid-19 facilities and more than 3,000 patients, in critical condition across the country, it added.

Earlier, Pakistan's nerve centre monitoring coronavirus situation launched a helpline for citizens to report any violation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) against Covid-19 from anywhere in the country.

In case you come across any violation of Covid SOPs, please text at Whatsaap number 0335-3336262," the NCOC said on Twitter on March 29.

Violations of the coronavirus-related SOPs include non-wearing of the mask, non-adherence to social distancing, over-crowding at public places and others, it added.

"Please take a picture and brief account of the violation and send it to 03353336262 (0335333NCOC) along with the location name, district/city, date, time and event," the NCOC added.

Pakistan's coronavirus situation has worsened worryingly over the past month, with the Covid-19 positivity rate shooting past 11 per cent as the third wave showed no signs of abating.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan

PM's aide announces registration open for coronavirus vaccination of people over 50​

342579_3241515_updates.jpg

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr Faisal Sultan speaks to the media in Islamabad, Pakistan, March 31, 2021. Geo News/Screengrab via Geo.tv

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan's aide on health, Dr Faisal Sultan, announced Wednesday that registration for vaccination against the novel coronavirus for people above 50 years of age has been opened.

Pakistan has so far administered over 800,000 doses of the coronavirus vaccine, Dr Sultan said.

Speaking to the media, he said about 500,000 doses of the coronavirus vaccine manufactured by Beijing's state-owned China National Pharmaceutical Group — or Sinopharm — arrived in Pakistan today. Another 500,000 doses will arrive tomorrow, he announced.

"Vaccination in Pakistan started with Sinopharm [vaccine]," he told the media.

Dr Sultan also announced that registration has started for vaccination of people above 50 years of age now that elderly, as well as primary healthcare workers and frontline medics had been administered the first doses.

Officials at the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations, and Coordination (NHSR&C) confirmed earlier today that the first shipment of 60,000 doses of the single-dose Chinese vaccine Convidecia — developed by the CanSino Biologics Inc, or CanSinoBIO — arrived in Pakistan Tuesday night.

"Its distribution to provinces and other federating units would commence from Wednesday,” a ministry official told The News.

The official underscored that Convidecia's single-dose coronavirus vaccine would only be given to people over 80 years of age since the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) did not wish for octogenarians and those above 90 to visit the vaccination centres a second time.
Separate Adult Vaccination Centers (AVCs) will be made for it, he added.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
the army gave me the Pfizer vaccine back in February, no side effects, and from what I have read it's the best vaccine. I have also read that the Chinese vaccine is not effective against this new strain in Brazil, hopefully it will stay contained in S. America

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
the army gave me the Pfizer vaccine back in February, no side effects, and from what I have read it's the best vaccine. I have also read that the Chinese vaccine is not effective against this new strain in Brazil, hopefully it will stay contained in S. America
Wow! You are so lucky to get both your Pfizer shots that early. Most of the more vulnerable population are still waiting. Both Pfizer & Moderna vaccines are about the same as far as efficacy goes so either one would be great to get.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
here in the state I am in they have opened up vaccination to everyone over 16yrs old. I had registered with the city before I knew I would be vaccinated by the army, and the city contacted me around March 1st to make an appointment to be vaccinated, reason for getting the early call was high blood pressure.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
This I thought was interesting, it was in a story about France locking down again:

The EU has administered just 15 doses per 100 people, less than a third of what the U.K. has managed, according to Bloomberg’s Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker. The U.S. has given 45 shots per 100 people.

The bloc’s vaccine campaign has been plagued by delays in deliveries from AstraZeneca Plc and concerns over the safety of its vaccine. Many EU states have also been slow in administering the doses they have received.

I read the US has given Canada and Mexico, ( I think 4 million doses between the 2 countries) of AstraZeneca vaccine, they apparently have a lot of it in storage here in the US but it can't be used as it is not approved, I think they should send it all out to other countries, we are getting are vaccination numbers where they need to be without it.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
here in the state I am in they have opened up vaccination to everyone over 16yrs old. I had registered with the city before I knew I would be vaccinated by the army, and the city contacted me around March 1st to make an appointment to be vaccinated, reason for getting the early call was high blood pressure.
We are doing the vaccine roll-out here in Canada by first responders first, then by age groups starting at 80+, then 75+ then every 5 years down from there. And of course every province is different and are at different stages. A really complex system! Because you are in the Army and have HBP does that make you at greater risk, so you get the vaccine sooner? I also have HBP but still have to wait another few weeks before I get the Pfizer shot then have to wait another 3 months before I can get the second shot. Oh well, at least I'm going to get it...... someday!!

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The Post where we are at, (is front line as war goes) so I think we got priority on vaccine, but the roll out here seems much more proficient in certain areas, of course other areas of the country, not so much. Like I said, right now everyone in this state above 16 is eligible, and the next closest state just did the same today. Yea here it was first responders and elderly first, not far from my house was a vaccination site that was just for old people, one thing I noticed ( I see it nearly every day) there was almost never anyone there and they closed it. The elderly that had registered had already been vaccinated, and that is a problem, even with all the methods of registering people, they are not. I was talking to someone yesterday, they were obviously able to register 2 months ago do to BMI, but insisted to me they were not qualified, and still had not registered when it was open to everyone over age 16.

Oh and the city never asked any questions about the army, just health questions so that didn't have anything to do with them giving me a vaccine

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

Ongoing trial shows Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine remains highly effective after six months​

The ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial of Pfizer/BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine confirms its protection lasts at least six months after the second dose, the companies said Thursday.

The question of how long vaccine protection lasts can only be answered once enough time has passed, and while six months of protection is a modest target, it's longer than previously known. The study is continuing and future updates may reveal more about how long and how strong this protection is.

The vaccine remains more than 91% effective against disease with any symptoms for six months, the companies said. And it appeared to be fully effective against the worrying B.1.351 variant of the virus, which is the dominant strain circulating in South Africa and which researchers feared had evolved to evade the protection of vaccines, the companies said.

"The vaccine was 100% effective against severe disease as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and 95.3% effective against severe COVID-19 as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)," Pfizer and BioNTech said in a joint statement.

On Wednesday, the companies said a small trial of volunteers aged12 to 15 showed 100% efficacy in that age group.
"These data confirm the favorable efficacy and safety profile of our vaccine and position us to submit a Biologics License Application to the U.S. FDA," Albert Bourla, Pfizer's chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement. A BLA is an application for full approval. The vaccine currently has emergency use authorization, EUA, which falls short of full approval.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Last edited: