Could we see a bigger split between east and west? | World Defense

Could we see a bigger split between east and west?

haitch

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
With a lot of hostilities in the middle east and tension growing in Russia do you think we could see some tension in the near future? With Europe and north america having a good relationship i think we could see a bigger political divide in the world. Russia will see some tension from the west but may still keep on good terms with central asia.
Whats your opinion? where do you think tides will appear?

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
Well I don't think it's really a simple matter of "east" vs "west" anymore. Maybe a few decades ago that would have been the case but not anymore. I don't see it as a growing political divide between two sides, but rather between specific countries. In this day and age of growing global interdependence, countries are often quite dependent on each other for things like resources and such, and therefore cannot afford to have generalized foreign policies for a whole region.

What I do think is happening at the moment is that Russia is continuing to alienate itself from the world if it continues with the conflict with Ukraine. Iran has been working over the past year to amend it's relationship with the west in terms of trying to reach a deal with their nuclear program etc. So I don't think there really is a general divide at the moment, just perhaps between certain countries.

saastil

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
The only divide that really exists is that between rich and poor. If you don't think that all the multi-million and billionaires out there don't get together and have a good laugh at how they're exploiting the population of the entire planet, then you're not really paying attention. I think that the rich will just continue to manufacture wars and 'divides' between our societies and benefit greatly from it. What we need to do is protest Wall Street, the Department of Defense, etc... all those people who steal the working people's money and pocket it to buy airplanes and islands and 80 million dollar apartments.