Current Biological Weapons Programs? | World Defense

Current Biological Weapons Programs?

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
Biological weapons have been universally condemned for some time now. There production has been banned by a UN agreement since the 1970s. My question is this: are there any states with current biological weapons programs? Any confirmed non-state actors (e.g., terrorist groups) with biological research and production?

Thanks for sharing.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not sure if there are because they'd never openly admit them since the Geneva Conventions. I'm sure many countries around the world have secret labs where they're all tinkering on something, and it'd be naive to think otherwise. If it can exist, it will exist, whether in secret or the public's eye. I'm with you on this; if anyone knows any more I'd be really interested to hear it.

Biological and Chemical warfare aren't anything to shake a stick at. They're dangerous and they ARE a real threat whether we want to believe it or not.

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I wouldn't count out biological weaponry development from many of the super powers. Even if it's banned, there may come a time when they are deemed "necessary".

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
there may come a time when they are deemed "necessary".

Yeah. That's exactly it. And that's why there are secret bases and labs we don't even know about. I bet it would shock us to find out how much is actually hidden away that could potentially be a harbinger of death and destruction. Too many, I'd wager, across too many countries. And outlying islands where are no governmental powers that be.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
These type of information are state secrets. And i doubt that anybody on net have actual knowledge about the issue. Discussing this topic will be just throwing conspiracy theories in the air.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
These type of information are state secrets. And i doubt that anybody on net have actual knowledge about the issue. Discussing this topic will be just throwing conspiracy theories in the air.

Not really. There are credible intelligence reports published in this country on the topic. The Federation of American Scientists, for example, has data on past and current biological weapons programs.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Not really. There are credible intelligence reports published in this country on the topic. The Federation of American Scientists, for example, has data on past and current biological weapons programs.

We saw how accurate those reports can be when US invaded Iraq in 2003.

Colebra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Portugal
The thing I find most disturbing when it comes to chemical warfare, is that it seems to be much more readily available than what we think.
There's this one episode of Joe Rogan Questions Everything, where he visits a place that has no security whatsoever, and people just show up and get to work on whatever they want in this laboratory.
Sure, this is a televison show made for entertainment purposes, and Joe Rogan is a comedian, but the Biopunk movement is real. Google it.

It's like domestic drones...
It seems to easy to stick a bunch of explosives to a drone, and just fly it to your target.

Heres's the full episode of Joe Rogan Questions Everything:

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah. That's exactly it. And that's why there are secret bases and labs we don't even know about. I bet it would shock us to find out how much is actually hidden away that could potentially be a harbinger of death and destruction. Too many, I'd wager, across too many countries. And outlying islands where are no governmental powers that be.
Oh, who knows how many experimental weapons are being put into existence? I'm actually very surprised that more of the kinetic bombardment weapons have not been used in combat.

jonjonscove

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I don't know and that is a very good question. I'm am sure they are keeping it quiet, if they are.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
They have to keep it quiet as per rules and treatises set forth by our ancestors, we need to honor what they went through and the potential we could still end up with something worse than a nuclear apocalypse.