Cyber attacks | World Defense

Cyber attacks

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Cyber attacks will become more prevalent in the future. They are a pretty big deal right now since most things use a computer, but a lot of people haven't taken that to mind yet.

I really want an open internet, but I don't see that happening in the future with the amount of damage that is possible. When people start hacking missiles and drones, then it will become a HUGE problem.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Yes they are grounds for military action. Especially in the future as electronic warfare becomes more and more important as all systems start to rely on it.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon it can, and hackers if caught will be punished and some countries use torture or death a lot and also China and USA will treat this harshly and the person would wish they never did it and military response could happen if it is towards the country. I reckon that, since sensitive information is more easy to give than before due to the internet and also technology has improved and also ever since Edward Snowden gave the information or leaked the information has caused each country to not trust each other and also have mistrust. I hope, that more is done to counter these attacks and also the security needs to increase so people don't think they can do this and get away without the consequences.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Cyber attacks would lead to grand legal actions only if they breach government security and put the whole nation at risk. Just like what the Chinese hackers did when they broke into the US Postal Service computer system. Should those hackers' identities be traced, they're bound to pay the price.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Cyber attacks are just a new name for counter intelligence. The pocket battleship the Graf Spree was a victim of an intelligence deception attack. The British started sending radio messages from their smaller ships to each other pretending they where larger war ships then they where. The Graf Spree captain then thought he was surrounded by a larger force and could not break out. As a result he choose to scuttle his ship.

Deception and propaganda in warfare is nothing new.

letoucan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think we'll be at the level of any cyber-punk sci fi series any time soon, but I don't think think we're too far from living in an age where cyber attacks are going to be major threats.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
We're not talking about cyber-attacking a random blog which is about food and doesn't have any interest in actually encrypting and protecting the information within it since it's not in any way crucial.

We're talking about an international organization which, if by any rare possibility was hacked by who shouldn't access such crucial information, would be able to startle a big mess between everybody. In the worst case scenario, even a war.

To conclude, we shouldn't worry about people actually managing to breach the "Matrix" since it would be way too hard and require a vast IT knowledge, and I pretty much doubt that the computer engineers are sleeping. Just think pragmatically. :)

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
What do you say, can cyber attacks lead to a military response? NATO chief says that a cyber attack can trigger article 5. I think it will depend on the attack, but the warning is made.

NATO Chief: Cyber Can Trigger Article 5
When you say cyber attacks, do you mean like hacking the White House and taking who knows what kind of classified information? Because that happened, and it didnt trigger a war. I don't know if there's anything else they could do that's more harmful to America than the hacking the White House and president's email.