David Cameron | World Defense

David Cameron

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
We all know that David didn't win by a landslide. Alongside that we know that he hasn't exactly hit the nail on the head with his promises. For example his pledge to lower immigration isn't quite going as planned. He has in my opinion lowered good immigration that could be excellent for the country and economy. He has split families apart and has done nothing for bad immigration. He has now decided that he will not serve a third term as prime minister if he is to win thus general election. What effects will this have on his campaign?

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the term jumping before he was pushed springs to mind here. I think he's realised that the only way the consertives will get anywhere near winning another term is if he isn't going to be in charge. To be honest though, I think the British people are tired of a conservative government so I doubt it matters who leads them. What's the alternative? UKip? Labour?
Doesn't the saying go 'it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in'?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
He has now decided that he will not serve a third term as prime minister if he is to win thus general election. What effects will this have on his campaign?

Let's hope that the British public decides he won't be serving a second term, never mind a third!

I don't think his revelation will have much of an effect - some news websites have speculated that people might vote him back in if they knew it wasn't going to be for any longer than five years. I don't think that this will happen though. He only really won because of some people switching from Labour or Lib Dem - these people have been repaid with a failing economy, bedroom taxes and unemployment.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously some people need to brush up on their history. It was Labour that charged tuition fees, waged an illegal war leaving the country in debt and UK citizens as targets around the world, signed over more power to the EU rendering the domestic courts looking helpless when ECHR kept putting their nose into UK laws to prevent terrorism.

Unemployment has always existed, but thanks to Labour allowing an influx of migrants, that contributed to unemployment.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Who needs to brush up on their history? As far as I can see, nobody has even given an opinion on Labour in this thread. Whatever Labour have or haven't done, it doesn't change the fact that David Cameron has brought this country to it's knees.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well he will never serve a second term because he said so himself during a press interview. I think he fears the responsibilities of a prime minister during hostile times. UK is a permanent member of the UN, has a stake in NATO and is a former superpower. It stands to reason why Cameron would want to be out of the limelight when Russia, North Korea, ISIS, Boko Haram and other lawless elements are giving world leaders a hard time.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Let's hope that the British public decides he won't be serving a second term, never mind a third!

I don't think his revelation will have much of an effect - some news websites have speculated that people might vote him back in if they knew it wasn't going to be for any longer than five years. I don't think that this will happen though. He only really won because of some people switching from Labour or Lib Dem - these people have been repaid with a failing economy, bedroom taxes and unemployment.
Here Here. I really wastes a vote this time. I was an avid supporter of the Conservatives but I believed in what they stood for. That is now completely different to what they have done. In all honesty I don't really understand why you would want to send your country back to living like old war time with those drastic cuts

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well he will never serve a second term because he said so himself during a press interview. I think he fears the responsibilities of a prime minister during hostile times. UK is a permanent member of the UN, has a stake in NATO and is a former superpower. It stands to reason why Cameron would want to be out of the limelight when Russia, North Korea, ISIS, Boko Haram and other lawless elements are giving world leaders a hard time.

Great point, if I was David Cameron, I don't think I could be bothered having to deal with Putin and Lil' Kim either and I certainly wouldn't want to have to make the decision to go to war. He's always having to cut his holidays short beause of terrorist attacks too. He did say that it was a third term that he wouldn't serve but the way things are going, a second seems most unlikely anyhow.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
And, I guess that also leads to the question of who is going to step into his shoes?
George Osbourne, Teresa may...Boris johnson? I'm not sure I'd be willing to trust any politician, never mind them three candidates.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well, according to today's Daily Mirror, 36% of Britons favour Boris Johnson! I really can't see how, he's a bumbling idiot and certainly couldn't stand up to other world leaders. Maybe Theresa May is the best choice - she's certainly scary!

There's every possibility that we'll end up with Ed Miliband as PM. Despite having always voted Labour in the past, I'm really not sure he's up to the job. He definitely means well but there's just nothing commanding about him at all. I am yet to decide how I will vote in May. Is anyone else here uncertain or is your mind pretty much made up?

Edit: I'm not prying into who you will vote for, just whether you have been able to decide or not!

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well, according to today's Daily Mirror, 36% of Britons favour Boris Johnson! I really can't see how, he's a bumbling idiot and certainly couldn't stand up to other world leaders. Maybe Theresa May is the best choice - she's certainly scary!

There's every possibility that we'll end up with Ed Miliband as PM. Despite having always voted Labour in the past, I'm really not sure he's up to the job. He definitely means well but there's just nothing commanding about him at all. I am yet to decide how I will vote in May. Is anyone else here uncertain or is your mind pretty much made up?

Edit: I'm not prying into who you will vote for, just whether you have been able to decide or not!
I used to be a conservative voter through and through. David Cameron really really let me down though. So Ed will be getting my vote this time around. Let's hope he doesn't disappoint

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I used to be a conservative voter through and through. David Cameron really really let me down though. So Ed will be getting my vote this time around. Let's hope he doesn't disappoint

One thing I will say for Miliband is that he is in touch with ordinary people. Whilst Cameron has preached that the solution to poverty in the UK is "better household budgeting", Ed knows that there is a lot more to it than this. He understands exactly what the poverty trap entails and genuinely wants to help people break free. How do you think he would fare faced with Putin though? Do you reckon he could hold his own or would he be reduced to a terrified mess?

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still undecided who to vote for at this time. I've always voted labour in the past, I think mainly because I saw them as more in tune with the working class, people like me but now I'm not sure that's the case.

The lines have become blurred and its hard to distinguish between the 2 big parties. The days are long gone where your labour MP was raised in the same background as yourself and had the same views.

Now it seems they all live in ivory towers, and are oblivious to what the British people want.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well, we're stuck with him for another 5 years! Even if Scotland hadn't voted the way it did, the Conservatives would still have ended up with a small majority so I doubt that the blame can be laid solely at the feet of Nicola Sturgeon.

What was your take on the election? Were you expecting this result - a majority government or did you think we'd be entering into another coalition?

Last edited:

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm not ecstatic by the the news, I must admit. The last thing I wanted was a Tory government. Tory forming a coalition at worst, but for them to get a majority is beyond belief really.

The opinion polls had it too close to call. So it just shows what they know. I don't know if people just changed their mind at the last minute, or what went on. That was a massive swing though, and one nobody predicted.