"DEATH TO THE AMERICA!" | World Defense

"DEATH TO THE AMERICA!"

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA

With some lawmakers chanting “Death to the America,” Iran’s parliament voted Sunday to ban access to military sites, documents and scientists as part of a future deal with world powers over its contested nuclear program.

The bill, if approved into law, could complicate the ongoing talks in Vienna between Iran and the six-nation group — the U.S., Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany — as they face a self-imposed June 30 deadline. The talks are focused on reaching a final accord that curbs Iran’s nuclear program in return for the lifting of economic sanctions.

Of 213 lawmakers present on Sunday, 199 voted in favor of the bill, which also demands the complete lifting of all sanctions against Iran as part of any final nuclear accord. The bill must be ratified by the Guardian Council, a constitutional watchdog, to become a law.

The terms stipulated in the bill allow for international inspections of Iranian nuclear sites, but forbid any inspections of military facilities.

Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani read the bill aloud in a session broadcast live on state radio. It states in part, “The International Atomic Energy Agency, within the framework of the safeguard agreement, is allowed to carry out conventional inspections of nuclear sites.”

However it concludes that “access to military, security and sensitive non-nuclear sites, as well as documents and scientists, is forbidden.”

Iranian Parliament Chants "Death to America" - Votes to Ban Nuclear Inspections (VIDEO) - The Gateway Pundit

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
This is very interesting. I'm glad I saw your post, because I haven't been paying attention. 2 days until the deadline, and I see no reason sanctions should be lifted, since Iran will do what it wants, and simply hide any nuclear weapons it has elsewhere, and deny it has them.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That chant against the US is expected of Iran's parliament since their quarrel - America versus Iran - is still ongoing. Words can never harm us but if those words would be inciting people to take up arms and start a war with America, that's a different story. As they say, those Iranian legislators have the right to their opinion so let's respect their right to say it.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I'm torn on the topic of military bases. If I were a country I wouldnt want people snooping around my military bases, either. Thats like rummaging through a stranger's underwear drawer. At the same time, like it was stated above, they'll likely just hide them and deny them.

It's funny how N Korea wants everyone to believe they have nuclear weapons, even though they probably don't. While mostly everybody else wants the world to believe they don't have any. Silly Kim, I just want to pinch his cheeks!

hubertjames

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Australia
It's funny how N Korea wants everyone to believe they have nuclear weapons, even though they probably don't. While mostly everybody else wants the world to believe they don't have any. Silly Kim, I just want to pinch his cheeks!

That's a good point, I never thought of it that way. Most countries with nuclear weapons would like people to sort of know, but not really know too much... Be left in the dark concerning exactly how much nuclear fire they would bring down as a last resort.
NK on the other hand...

But yes this is a tough situation because what sovereign state wants foreign agents digging through their military sites?

sbatz72

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I found this to be a great read. I almost get tired of hearing about all the conflicts the US is currently involved in. If I spent all day reading about the conflicts then I would not have time to do anything else. It is almost a tragedy the way we as Americans get involved in so many other nations and their conflicts. We are not allies with these people. Even if we were do you really think we should get involved each time their is an uprising across the pond.