Deployment for USAF in Turkey for Recovery | World Defense

Deployment for USAF in Turkey for Recovery

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Because of the events happening in Syria and in Iraq, U.S. Air Force is mobilizing some forces at the Diyarbakir (sorry if I misspelled it!) Air Base in Turkey. 300 airmens is mobilized, and this for the first time forces are mobilized in in Turkey.

The purpose? They have to retrieve downed U.S. or coalition pilots & injured personnel in Syria and Iraq, according to the Air Force. They will make usage of the HC-130 aircraft, and the HH-60G Pave hawk helicopter.

The base is at the southeast of Turkey, at ~100 miles of the Syria border, allowing quick(er?) recovery than was it is possible before. USAF is adding some tents and staging area, meanwhile Turkish pilots of the base have Turkish F-16 available.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I don't quite get it. The US is sending troops to Turkey for mobilization to Syria? Am I right on that? If that is the case then why not just send some fighting troops to Syria and annihilate the ISIS there? However, upon re-reading this thread, it looks like the US troops are mobilized just for recovering the debris or of what's left of their troops in Syria.