Do you think NATO should get involved in the Ukraine crisis? | Page 2 | World Defense

Do you think NATO should get involved in the Ukraine crisis?

Should NATO get involved in the Ukraine crisis?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Diplomatically

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Getting involved militarily is an obvious and inevitable choice. Although NATO can always opt out or limit their involvement should they be concerned about their coffers, international reputation or lack of armed manpower. At this point, they can't lose their stronghold in Ukraine. The country has so much potential. Losing it would seem like a waste.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
No. NATO is a defense alliance. Ukraine is not a part of NATO. If Russia continues to annex even larger parts of the Ukraine that might pose a threat to the Baltic countries. I think in that case it would be acceptable for NATO to react.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think NATO would probably be wiser to keep out of this one in my opinion.

While the situation between Russia and the Ukraine isn't looking too good at the moment, I think that's exactly how it needs to stay, something between Russia and the Ukraine and it's up to them to sort out.

What exactly would NATO be able to do anyway, other than sit both sides down and try to reach an agreement? They're certainly not going to be sending troops into the region and getting involved in that capacity so it's best to stay out of it altogether, for now at least and see how the situation develops.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
There's no economic gain in it. Just loss. If more sanctions are imposed however, and it cripples Russia further, it will force Russia into acting like wild bear.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
They should at least attempt to calm the situation before the shite hits the fan. At this point, the Ukraine and Russia aren't the only countries affected by this, either.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Would NATO getting involved calm the situation though? I'm not too sure. I think there's been a few instances where they have intervened and while they've not made things worse, they certainly haven't improved matters either.

Your right to say it does involve other countries, as I think most conflicts do but I think its down to Russia and the Ukraine to come to some sort of agreement or at least manage to sit down and look at the situation before it escalates even further before any other country can try and intervene.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Would NATO getting involved calm the situation though? I'm not too sure. I think there's been a few instances where they have intervened and while they've not made things worse, they certainly haven't improved matters either.

Your right to say it does involve other countries, as I think most conflicts do but I think its down to Russia and the Ukraine to come to some sort of agreement or at least manage to sit down and look at the situation before it escalates even further before any other country can try and intervene.

Would not lead to direct war if they get involved. However expect much more weapons testing/mobilizing plus more military training/production. Increased escalation in Europe as well.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
All of which is just a way of all the countries flexing their muscles And trying to show they won't back down from any conflict, if one ever did happen.

It's as if all the countries are trying to prove is that they won't be intimidated, but that to me is a little pointless and unnecessary.