Do You Think That Your Military is Prepared For War? | World Defense

Do You Think That Your Military is Prepared For War?

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
There is a worrying trend of terrorists crossing the bounder and attacking security persons in their own land. That got me thinking about our military and if they were prepared to fight invaders with the machinery they have in hand. Please provide your answer below as I think of mine.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Yes I think the GCC military is prepared and ready to deal with any aggression anywhere anytime.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Not at all, especially not for anything on a large scale! Good thing we're in a peaceful corner of the world, right next to a country that no one really wants to mess with. However, for small scale events with home-grown terrorists or lone extremists, I have full confidence in our military and police forces!

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Most likely not. We still lack some key elements in air and sea warfare. We invest more in this years defense budget because of that.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
Yes, the United States military is very large, has state of the art equipment, and the watchword for generations has been "readiness." That said, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have taxed our system, both with manpower and finance. The willingness for our leadership and the people to get involved in another protracted war simply isn't there. That said, if a thread suddenly emerged, the nation stands ready.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
No war will ever bring profit to a country. Not in these days.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With the endless training and the state of the art weaponry Im confident that the Saudi military is ready to fight.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

You want peace, prepare for war.

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
No war will ever bring profit to a country. Not in these days.
Tell that to Halliburton! The country may loose, but the people with their hands in the cookie jar, that direct the war, always come out ahead ($40bn with respect to Halliburton)

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
With the endless training and the state of the art weaponry Im confident that the Saudi military is ready to fight.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

You want peace, prepare for war.

Many of the Saudi officers, pilots etc are trained in the UK alongside British officers. They also buy the latest equipment from both the US and Europe (including UK) - I think Saudi are more ready than any other in the middle east with the possible exception of Israel who have little choice but to be eternally ready for it.

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
Yes, the United States military is very large, has state of the art equipment, and the watchword for generations has been "readiness." That said, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have taxed our system, both with manpower and finance. The willingness for our leadership and the people to get involved in another protracted war simply isn't there. That said, if a thread suddenly emerged, the nation stands ready.

I would say the UK are in the same boat, ready and able, but fatigued. Having said that the USA had such an attitude before both the first and second world war - to the tune that it ignored several US ships being sunk by U-Boats in the Atlantic 2 years before it joined the allies. Wars have a way of inviting the most reluctant of guests.

Thailand thinks it is ready - but with mostly farmer boy conscripts, officers that got their jobs through family connections and back handers, equipment they barely maintain, and the fact they haven't had a war in over 100 years (and lost that one) - not including WW2 where they just invited the Japs in and quietly forget to declare war on the US - they would probably loose in a war with Easter Island (and they don't have an army).

Bread

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Absolutely not. The Philippines can barely keep good boots on our soldiers, or feed the poor, how can we fund a war? They bought new battleships with the recent tensions with China, but if an all-out war breaks loose? I don't think we'd last a month without any help from allies.

I don't hate my country nor belittle it, but it's too corrupt and unwell managed that it just won't hold up to a war with any nation, even more for the stronger ones. I bet the people in power will be the first ones to fly off of this country if war breaks out.

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
Absolutely not. The Philippines can barely keep good boots on our soldiers, or feed the poor, how can we fund a war? They bought new battleships with the recent tensions with China, but if an all-out war breaks loose? I don't think we'd last a month without any help from allies.

I don't hate my country nor belittle it, but it's too corrupt and unwell managed that it just won't hold up to a war with any nation, even more for the stronger ones. I bet the people in power will be the first ones to fly off of this country if war breaks out.
Probably true of most of ASEAN countries too.