Do you think the Inter-American Defense Board should be strengthened? | World Defense

Do you think the Inter-American Defense Board should be strengthened?

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
The Inter-American Defense Board who tries to collaborate with all of the Americas to create a safe environment for its citizens. That means that Mexico, Uruguay, Canada, and the U.S. are all members. I can see that there are great disparities between these countries in terms of defense and legal systems. However, I can see how strengthening the IADB could bring those on the lower end up. Since these countries are so near each other, it seems like we should see them helping each other. The IADB has very little real power, though. Do you think we should give them more power to help defend these nations?

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
If you want to fix a lot of the corruption happening in Mexico and South America, you need to legalize drugs. The only problem is I don't know how much that will help anymore. From what I understand most cartels make money off of natural resource industries now. We let them get to big without doing anything but arming them to help the cartels get into power.

I don't think making stronger borders will help any, we patrol our waters a lot and still miss most trafficking.