Does Technology do More Good or Harm | Page 2 | World Defense

Does Technology do More Good or Harm

Ispanico

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Denmark
I believe it ultimately does more good than harm, and I can give you an example. New technologies prevent senseless killing:

What would've happened if the US hadn't thrown the two atomic bombs at Japan? The Japanese knew they were losing, but because of their extremely proud culture they needed a reason to save face. The only way to do that was by a disparity in killing capability so big that they'd be hard pressed to surrender without losing face. That's what Hiroshima and Nagasaki where. In the great scheme of things, less than 50000 deaths is far less than what a ground invasion of Japan would've resulted in.

Last edited:

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Double edged sword. While it does help in many instances and most times is created for the benefit of man, all technology has its evil uses and there are people who use them for that purpose. So to answer your question, both. They benefit us, but there are those who use it to harm us.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think that although tech brought many good things we managed to use them in bad purposes. Example for that is dynamite even though it is an early discovery i believe that Nobel did not want to kill anyone or hurt anyone. I believe if Tesla knew what kind of evil his brilliant invention would bring he would have buried them all. Technology is there for good causes but some people use it in a wrong way. Look at the pharmacy industry. You should not make new viruses to sell cures for them. That is not cool. We have technology to create wonderful things and we create bombs. It is unbelievable.